Discuss charging in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johnh1986

How much do you charge for call outs

Also thinking of doing a PAT course how much would a qualified protable app tester charge per item cheers

Everyones overheads are different, therefore to run your business then work out your annual costs, how many weeks, days and then hours you expect to work and how much you want to earn (being realistic of course).

This should help with your average hourly cost.
Callouts are more than your hourly rate ie is it in middle of night or weekend and how far you need to travel.

These are all variables for you to decide upon.

Portable appliance testing is saturated with the sticker brigade doing it for peanuts so i wouldnt bother.

I only do it for existing customers or where recommended as an add-on service.

Last edited:
Do you have experience in PAT testing ... from experience its one of the most mundane mind numbing jobs ever..... from you query I don't really know how depressive a job it can be to do full time.

Have done it before yes i no what your sayin its sole distroying but thought it could be somthing else to offer to landlords etc open doors sort of speak

Done a few odd days pa testing recently, But im always on the lookout around me for other stuff that might need doing to the building electrics so i can suggest it to the duty holder.

It is very boring and mundane though!

Reply to charging in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net