Cis

Discuss Cis in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JL_Electrical

CIS is confusing in terms of the definition of what falls under CIS. A lot of the work I do at the moment could technically be classed as maintenance within schools, ie adding a few sockets in an IT suite, putting power in to automatic doors, testing and inspection, altering heating controls. General day works really, in my reading this does not fall under CIS, and one of my subbys is not too keen on having his deductions when I'm providing materials. I think I will stay within the law providing he gives me an invoice saying 8hrs Electrical Maintenance on Said School. It's not as if we are doing major installs. Anybody shed any light because the CIS helpline certainly doesn't. Also I am being CIS deducted by main contractor

Reply to Cis in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello Can someone please point me in the right direction with regards CIS and my business? Please be gentle as this is my first foray into the...
Replies
Views
L
OK here is the scenario....you work for a builder who is CIS registered, you are CIS registered too, he deducts your tax from your invoice to him...
Replies
Views
I am currently exploring using CIS payment as a means of being paid whilst subbing work. I only do electrical work part-time so would like to do...
Replies
Views
Cis
Hi guys looking for some help to save me hours on a phone to HRMC as i can't find the answer online... ok here goes and i hope its not to rambled...
Replies
Views
Cis
Hi, ok im either stupid or something but did a days work for someone last month and a few days for someone else, we agreed a price per day and...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock