Discuss close a FuseBox F1010MX 40mm knockout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

for some reason Fusebox have offered a 40mm knockout for incoming meter tails, but I accidentally knocked this out not realising it wasn't a 32mm size, cant find anything suitable to close it up with , any suggestions on how to close a knockout and meet the regs?

Thanks,
Chandresh.

Metal besa lid with m4 nuts and bolts.

Hi all,

for some reason Fusebox have offered a 40mm knockout for incoming meter tails, but I accidentally knocked this out not realising it wasn't a 32mm size, cant find anything suitable to close it up with , any suggestions on how to close a knockout and meet the regs?

Thanks,
Chandresh.
Pop Rivet a patch over the hole!

Sorry, I thought you meant you would still use the hole for the tails, if you have already used a different hole, then just use a m40con blanking plug, cef do them for around ÂŁ1.50 including gasket and locknut.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Chandresh.
Wiska do mains tails glands 32 mm and a 40 mm adapter in one pack.

Attachments

• 43B43D6B-28E3-4736-B487-FA0B82E33EF6.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 7
What are the odds?.....ive got the exact same problem today ? popped the 40mm out and put the nylon gland in and then realised its fouling on the meter board below! ? any other ways of blanking this of??
Just read @Julie. reply, my nearest cef doesn’t have them in stock and I need it tomorrow morning ?

Baked beans tin lid bolted over the hole! And you get to have beans for breakfast!!

Sometimes I have managed to bolt or rivet a galv conduit box lid over larger holes in DBs with some sealer if you can't get a gland in time

Reply to close a FuseBox F1010MX 40mm knockout in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net