Discuss Collingwood LED RGBW strip in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi and happy Xmas to everyone. I want to install Collingwood RGBW LED strip in my kitchen. Before renovation I ran 5 core cable to each of the cupboards for lighting. I now wish to add another strip on top of the cupboards. Collingwood are saying I cannot split the 1 feed to feed above and below the cupboards. Their sales team were unable to say why definitely. I am struggling to see why this would cause an issue especially as the maximum length is only between 1-1.5M each strip.
I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts as to why this would not be possible please?

With constant-voltage drivers and strips you can split the driver output in as many ways as you like. The two limits to observe are the maximum current taken from the driver / controller (determined by the total length of strip connected) and the maximum current permitted to pass through the end-end bus conductors in any one strip.

With constant-current drivers and LED fixtures, the driver output cannot be split in parallel because the current may not be shared equally between the fixtures. I wonder whether they were thinking of this scenario and mis-applying it to your RGBW strips?

Reply to Collingwood LED RGBW strip in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I'm currently working on a project where I'd like to slowly fade the brightness of a series of high brightness RGBW LEDs. Basically...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
First time poster here seeking a little advice/confirmation I have spurred off to a fused switch and from there running two 2.5mm cables to the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to put some led light strips under the fenders of my fat tire E-bike. I’ve been looking at led light strips on Amazon, AliExpress and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing Collingwood LED strip lights at home. I have 1 zone with just a 0.7M strip on it. Another zone with 4 lots of 5 core rune to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock