Discuss Combustibles in Mains Cupboard in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why would there be? The contents of a cupboard really cant be governed by BS7671.

Although any installation shpuld be installed to the ensure it is suitable for the enviroment it is in.

Thought as much, long story short we had to attend a block of flats with Fire Safety officer and whilst there one of the cupboards with Ryefield in was stored floor to ceiling with newspaper and he wanted me to back it up with the relevent reg. Cheers!

These fire officers it seems have alot to answer for inregards to what regs should be. Maybe they should write a risk assement themselves rather than asking us to back up nonsense claims like this.

There are regs for adequate working space round equipment etc, but nothing that would specifically refer to such a moronic action as this.
You would have better luck in the EAWR or HASAWA as they tend to be more sweeping statement type regs that encompass prevention of danger.

I agree with Dillb though, it's not your fire safety report to write.

Take what the fire officer says with a pinch of salt. I seem to be dealing with them a fair bit at the moment with a few fires on some of our sites and I've had to break out the BS book to prove them wrong because they come out with ****e lol

Flares (marine ones not trousers) well beyond their best before date stored on & around the meters & wylex rewirable fuseboards in a proper grotty B&B,

last 3 yrs I've advised them to get rid of them, bet there stil there

Vests, underpants, knickers and socks.........what an airing cupboard's for. At least they were clean when swimming through them to find the cu...

Reply to Combustibles in Mains Cupboard in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net