Discuss Commercial EPC course - Day 1 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MCS Renewables

Having had to pay out way over £1000 plus VAT twice in recent months to get commercial EPC`s done I decided enough was enough and I would do the course myself. Started course today in Fleet Hants, very early this morning with only three of us on the course. Both of the others are Domestic Energy assessors.
This is a one week course plus I will have to register with ECMK at the end if the exam goes well.
This is the hardest course I have ever been on. I did A level maths during my apprentiship as I did the C course but this is something else.
Either maths has got harder or I am an getting too old . I didn`t have an iphone then either!

Full day at college plus 2.5 hours homework every night in the travelodge!

Trigonometry just to work out losses on shading on each window FFS.

The domestic EPC computer system helps you by turning green when you have completed a page on the upload, the commercial EPC is the most unhelpful tiresome upload I have ever come across. Completely un-user friendly!

So my advice, unless you are a descendant of Einsteins, is don`t do the course and just pay the going rate or don`t do commercial work.
A certain bank HQ near me in Bournemouth just paid out over £4K just for the Commercial EPC so they can look into renewables.

Reply to Commercial EPC course - Day 1 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
E
I've been seriously considering doing the Bronze Domestic Installer Course offered by Tradeskills4u at their Warrington training center. My...
Replies
Views
S
Basically i have just finished Level 2 and Level 3 2365 City and Guilds courses and i am not sure where my future lies in either Domestic or...
Replies
Views
SparkyGinge
S
I am booked onto a DEA course in a couple of weeks so we can do our own EPC's. But it just so happens our first job agreed post 1st April is on a...
Replies
Views
M
Started the DEA course on Monday and today,on day four, we have done three EPC projects out of the five required for registration. If you`ve got...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock