Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Condenser Dryer Exhaust pump issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Kieran plissonneau

Kieran plissonneau New EF Member

Currently experiencing a problem with a Bosch WTL 5400 condenser dryer : the drainage pump is not powerful enough to pump any water up to the internal water tank but is just about enough to get water out the exhaust pipe (you can manually switch which one to use) if the pipe goes vertically downwards to the wall drainage outlet. There is no blockage in any of the pipes and the pump itself is clean.

What can cause a pump too reduce the pressure it is pumping so drastically? Is the ac motor worn? Or could the current through it be being limited below normal somehow? I can't see any damage to any of the circuitry.

Cheers

2. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

I presume the pump is only designed to pump any water out of the dryer, not up any distance. To do that the pump would have to be bigger, therefore costing more.
    What distance are you trying to pump the water?
    What size pipe are you using?

3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    my understanding, right or wrong, is that the water vapour condenses in the water tank, not that water is condensed then pumped.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

I will bow to your knowledge on this mate.. I don't have a condensing dryer...

5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i may be wrong.all i know is that wet washing goes in, dry washing comes out, and there's water in the tank. saves the need to bore a 6" hole in the outside wall.

6. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

I have a normal drying in the garage and the outlet pipe is connected to one of those water bucket things....

7. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    None
    Impeller down the toilet, busted, defunked it is no more.

8. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    I've a B condensenser dryer and I've had it disembowelled twice now. Third time it's off to the recycle I reckon. It does suffer from the designers attempting to make it self cleaning, which in a dryer is just not going to happen long term. Is yours one of these with the double lint filter at the front? And does it stop running and report tank full, when it's not?

9. Kieran plissonneau

I refer to 'water tank' as the reservoir where water can be stored for the user to empty after a cycle. The water vapour condenses in the heat exchange filter at the base of the dryer, then is pumped either out the hose or up to the reservoir tank.

10. Kieran plissonneau

Okay so I think I've found the problem - I compared an image of a new water pump for this model to the one I have. It appears that part of the enclosure which goes over the pump blades is missing, which could definitely explain a reduction in pump pressure.

Lesson Learned : If one suspects an issue with a component, compare it to a new one to check it is as it should be!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1