Currently reading:
Connect 2nd siren box

Discuss Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rudie

Hi,

I have 1 front siren box and am considering connecting a second siren box at the rear. Can i feed a wire from the current siren box terminals to feed the new 2nd siren box?

Thanks.

Thanks Tazz, i'll order another texecom and try this as soon as i can. will each siren box have everything working - siren/flashing led/strobe/tamper? once its up i'll do the walk through tests.

Hi, I have taken a photo of the control panel - will try and take a photo of existing siren box wiring this weekend...

From the picture, it looks like the wire feeding the sensor in the landing upstairs carries the wiring for the siren box too...

So we have

SCB T - Blue
SCB A - Black
Bell D - Red
Bell B - Yellow

Zone 8 PIR feed is white and green... IMG_1694.jpg

what muppet thought he could install alarms? that wiring is atrocious. strobe is looped in with siren, bare conductors everywhere, and the panel looks like rats have been fighting in there. it's too untidy for a rat's nest.

Wasnt happy with his work either as we had just painted our house and he left hand prints everywhere. was recommended by a friend but suppose if we dont see behind the covers, we cant tell how bad they are. I will however tidy the wires when I connect 2nd box.

sorry shocking_eg, missed your comment, yes, the installer fed the upstairs pir using the same cable that feeds the siren box. so really, there should be 2 spare wires as the positive, negative, white and green feed the upstairs, yellow and blue feed the siren, so got a spare brown and orange.

tazz, is it the strobe -, as this feeds my auto dialler?

Reply to Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock