Discuss Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rudie

Hi,

I have 1 front siren box and am considering connecting a second siren box at the rear. Can i feed a wire from the current siren box terminals to feed the new 2nd siren box?

Thanks.

Why not run from the panel?

I think using 2 bell boxes on some panles means you have to use the battery in the bells as it draws to much current from panel battery.
Jumper pins in bell are altered to suit.

You will need to identify (+ hold off) and (bell - trig) these cables are wired in parallel with the original bell box. (- hold off) and (tamp Return) will be wired in series with original bell box wiring, if you have the make of bell boxes it will help us to give you terminal connections

Some alarm panels with sirens have transistor outputs & if you have 2 sirens in parallel, the impedance is too low & you will destroy the transistor. If it is this type, the minimum impedance should be marked somewhere in t he the box.

Most panels can handle 500mA + and the panel transistors are only switching bell transistors and can handle 2 bells.
Quick circuit drawing to explain a bit better
2 bell circuit.jpg

R u putting the second box up to scare off intruders? Or for the sound?

If to scare off intruders y not get a dummy box with flashing led instead of wiring to second box

Hi guys,

thanks for all the replies. The one connected now is a Texecom odessey. The one i have spare (which i want to use at the rear) looks like the Raysil box on this link (will get the name of the board tonight) :

Kent « Burglar Alarm Britain

Yes cunnishaun, I want to use the 2nd box to alert neighnours at rear preferably by sound and led.

Sintra, would run from panel but its a long way plus i would need to dig up floorboards, carpet etc. whereas what im asking, i can do from within the loft space.

Hi here are the photos of the 2nd box i am thinking of adding:

photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg

Hope this helps...

Sintra, would run from panel but its a long way plus i would need to dig up floorboards, carpet etc. whereas what im asking, i can do from within the loft space.

Ok thanks. Would this allow me to link the 1st siren box to the second siren box without having to cable to control box?

just parallel up the +12V, trig -. then from the TR on bell1 feed the 0V to bell2, then from bell2 TR back to panel.

thanks, but the only thing of what to connect is the RT on bell2 as on tazz's diagram, this connects to the control panel RT.

Hopefully this will show Telectrix wiring, as its hard to put down in text, also put the optima and bell box terminals in for youBell2.jpg

Reply to Connect 2nd siren box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net