Discuss Cooper/scantronic technical advice ( only to those who they deem worthy!!!!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KevinS

As you may have noticed from my previous post I had a problem with a scantronic I-on 16 panel.
i phoned technical and they agreed that it was the panel at fault

fortunatly I had my touchpoint number to hand (coopers version of a PIN number)
without this number you cannot get through to technical.
i think that is totally unfair that coopers are more than willing to take hard earned cash off anybody and everybody but will only give technical advice to those who they deem worthy of their advice.

should cooper not state that technical advice will not be given to joe bloggs before taking his money
also how are they allowed to get away with this,

i think this would be even more annoying if I had been joe bloggs and as in my case, the fault was down to coopers.

I've never read your other post, but were they refusing on a security ground?
Surely if they give out technical advice to anyone willy nilly, then there would be no point in having alarms, as anyone would be able to find out how to reset them etc. surely they have a duty of care to protect their customers. I've worked in this type of business and we were SSAIB registered which proved we were a trusted installer

i agree. manufactureres should not give out technical info to any tom, dick and harry that phones up.

I agree with you upto a point.
i agree that certain questions can't and shouldn't be answered. But the vast majority of questions would not compromise the security of any decent brand alarm system.
But give a scenario of a fully qualified spark who may have fitted a number of alarms decide to fit one from the scantronic range have a problem, is it right that scantronic will take his money, but not offer help.
What is worse, they won't let him through on the phone line to explain himself

the spark will just say I ain't ever fitting that make again.

well, they should. on buying a scantronic product, there should be a web address to register as an approved installer. i buy all my alarm kit from risco, registered with them years ago. if i get a problem, straight through to tech. support, none of these 09 cost a bomb numbers, just a straight landline.

Reply to Cooper/scantronic technical advice ( only to those who they deem worthy!!!!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net