Discuss Creda 550c Electric Shower Problems in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sma_cafc

I popped round a friends house today to change his electric shower as the old one was broken. Old one off the wall, new one up. Shower has water going to the unit fine. Got 240 all through the unit so that's fine. Only problem is it didn't work. Not one of the lights came on, no water came through. I then rung the technical advice line and the said it was the solenoid. Back it comes off the wall, back to argos to swap for a new one. Fitted the new one, and its exactly the same as before. Both water and electricity running into the unit. But nothing coming out. Baffled.

I have checked the solenoid - fine, I have checked the PRD-fine. I am baffled......................any ideas???

Don't know about this model in particular but some showers have to be primed by pressing a button internally before they work or you can burn them out very quickly

Thats good and true advise off truckster

The old one packed up,the new one wont work,the replacement wont work

Do you have sufficient water pressure?

I have now read the manual at least ten times. I thought of the internal button and cant find anything inside the unit or in the manual.
I thought about the water pressure. If there was a lack in pressure I should get a light on the front come up alerting me to this. Even the poxy power light doesn't come on

I am going to take a guess and say truckster was right first time
The unit is not primed and there's no indication because the water pressure is not acting on the unit

Read it and re-read it and re-read it again. Think I can actually recite it word for word now. No mention of a primer button or any sort of button. Instructions are simplest I have read. Have spoken to a couple mates who are plumbers and they said in this instance they would ring a spark as they think there is a problem on the supply side. hhmmmmm

Unsure of your experience so don't be offended if this sounds like basic stuff,
Did you measure the voltage across live/neutral- could be a missing neutral
Have you got a voltage coming out of the thermal cut-out
Is there a voltage out of the pressure switch
Is there a voltage out of the solenoid

As you say there appears to be no primer button so perhaps you got unlucky and got two duff ones

hi, you havent stated if the shower you have taken off was mains fed or tank fed. if no water coming out could be lack of flow if tank fed. also just to check, you are pushing either the high, medium or cold buttons to switch it on and not the bottom button( which is off only)

Reply to Creda 550c Electric Shower Problems in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net