Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Currently studying level 2 dip elec anybody in wales that can help with work experience ? in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Jay 1987

Jay 1987 Trainee Access

Hey guys

New to this forum. Is there anybody in wales or surrounding areas willing to show me some basics?

I’m studying my level 2 dip and would really appreciate a veteran to show me a rookie the ropes ?

2. Marvo

Marvo Admin and gender confused Staff Member Admin

Are you looking for study assistance or for hands-on work experience?

3. Jay 1987

Jay 1987 Trainee Access

I’m looking for hands on experience .....

I think the study assistance will go hand in hand with the practical

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. JonesyWales

JonesyWales EF Member

I ended going on the agency's as a mate - then improver once I'd finished college. It's not great at £13.50 an hour. But it's better than a kick up the Arris. You'll learn . Very quickly.. if you're good with cobfuit and containment you'll go far as an kmpriver. Save some cash then and do your AM2. get your cards when you rhink you're ability is such.. 2391 from there... After that you're on £25 hr, on site. Or domestically you charge what you need to.

5. JonesyWales

JonesyWales EF Member

Bloody hell. Excuse the spelling there. Phone must have gone mental.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jay 1987

Jay 1987 Trainee Access

Hey Bro thanks for the encouragement!

How long did the whole process take you to become fully qualified?

And would you of done anything different looking back ?

7. Tes369

Tes369 Regular EF Member

You won't be on £25 on site in Wales. Welsh rates are pathetic.

More like £12-£13hr and the Welsh will gladly work for it.

Do yourself a favour go over the pond to Hinkley B nuclear power station work away from home. Knuckle down on that job and buy a house.

Cheers

Ps: basically if you want to earn good money as a qualified spark if you do get qualified. Get yourself over the Servern Bridge and never go back..

8. Jay 1987

Jay 1987 Trainee Access

Tes I was thinking the same thing regarding wages ( but did not want to be rude)

I am currently s class 1 driver and I’ve had to go over the bridge to avonmouth for consistency and wage increase. So I thought it would be the same with most occupations.

I know company’s in wales who pay their drivers
    £8:50 - £9:00 class 1

Where as in avonmouth bristol the van drivers get more than that

However it would be interesting to see what happens to wages when the welsh bridge is removed this December ! And then you have brexit following soon thereafter !

Interesting times

9. JonesyWales

JonesyWales EF Member

Trust me. I'm not a fan of the price difference in wales.
    But if you're a spark and only earn £12-13 an hour. Please show me your work
    Even the ones we've got rid off within two days have been on £16 through agency.

I've never ever seen a tester on less than £22.50

I'm an improver and have never been on less than £13
    So any soark getting less than £16 ob agency CIS is being royally screwed.

However. That is not to say it's not more over the bridge..
    A few boys had a text for soarks for hinkley on Tuesday at over £20 an hour.

With any luck Welsh rates will increase now the toll is being scrapped.