Currently reading:
Customers - I give up!

Discuss Customers - I give up! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

I wired a new extention 7months ago inwhich a kitchen was extended. Got a text before - help! cooker fan isn't working and light isn't coming on but the oven is on and working. We can smell smoke.By the way this wasn't my job. I was working for a builder. He supplied the cooker etc.All I did was connect cooker to cooker switch and wired in feed.So I replied - sounds as though the cooker is bust. Only thing I can do is come out and check wiring upto the cooker. Its going to be a £30 fee.So I have had no response. The problem is I'm now sitting here thinking they expected me to come out for free! Ok if they said cooker isnt working of MCB keeps tripping...yes I'd have been there like a shot! But its blatant that the cooker is bust nothing to do with my wiring!Rant over

Got called out to a washing machine not working the other day, the repair man had been and said (without doing any tests) the socket was ****ed, because one of the fp screws was loose lol, tested the socket all fine, still waiting for him to come back.

I allow a 'service call' for all my customers no matter how small a job, and pride myself on giving a good service by attending to any probs,no matter how minor. Sure over the years i've been taken advantage off but I also have had a lot of work by recommendation through going that extra mile. 90% of my work is by this method and it varies from domestic to industrial units to even tackling a Marina. I can't believe no one in our game would not even attend for piece of mind.
I got called to an old customer whose Kitchen we wired 6 years before, she had a new cooker fitted and it worked intermittently, she called in the firm that supplied and fitted it, an engineer attended and decided the fault was with the cooker connection outlet plate! As it was a straight swap he hadn't needed to disturb that, so she rings me ,I attend and pull out the oven to find the back all burnt up- loose neutral that the engineer had connected to oven. Nowt to do with me, but we took photos I sent an email and she got a new oven , she paid me and I got to do work for her sister in law, daughter and fellow work mates :) Simples

we`v had it the other day.....done a load of work for these people......finished the work..then it was "the fcu for the bathroom fan`s been put in the wrong place...and other stuff like that....no chance!! as we consulted the clients as to where they wanted it siting beforehand first...theres other stuff n all......now they are disputing the price......after agreeing beforehand of course.......we were there with a joiner and a plumber who`v been given the runaround n all........joiner pulled up in his van the other day (friday) to tell us to get round there fast as the money`s drying up....fast!.....well,....i think they`l find my boss isn`t the one to arse about over cash..lol......

Reply to Customers - I give up! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock