Discuss cutting meter seals in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cb100

Hi.
Just thought everyone would like to see what one of my customers received from a supplier when they were asked to come out and pull a main fuse.
Dear Mr (my customer!)

As discussed regarding breaking the seal on the meter terminal cover it is ok to go ahead for a qualified electrician to do the work and we will visit after to re-seal the meter (this save customer time). Or we have to do 2 visits to remove & then to re-seal. A standard visit charge is £65 + VAT

As always we're here to help

We have a wealth of information available online, please visit our help and advice pages to learn more and to manage your account.

If you can't find what you are looking for, you can always contact us here.

First Utility : Customer Service

Follow us @First_UtilityCS
servlet.ImageServer

Looks good!
The main fuse head is approx 50 years old. Do I touch it??
Thanks.

with a stick first ! i reckon you will be fine ive had some owd ones the always seem intact they just look a bit old and crappy

It's upto you, I have never heard of someone being prosecuted for cutting the seals if they have not tampered with or bypassed the meter. If you feel confident doing it then go for it. Should you get any comeback from the supply authority then show them the letter and say you had forgotten to inform them.

It's upto you, I have never heard of someone being prosecuted for cutting the seals if they have not tampered with or bypassed the meter. If you feel confident doing it then go for it. Should you get any comeback from the supply authority then show them the letter and say you had forgotten to inform them.

1 agree i come under Y.E.D.L. area and they tell me the same do your job and contact us

No problem with the seals, wouldnt worry about it... watch the cutout tho have seen old bakelite ones that have been sat damp for many years have a 'touch voltage' on the case enough to make you fall off the steps!!!

Reply to cutting meter seals in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net