Discuss Dado Trunking RCD?? HELP in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lifeis

Hey Guys,
This is my first post so hi, my name is Craig and I work for a Control & Instrumentation company based in Central Scotland called Au-Automation. I work as an Electrical/Instrumentation Engineer, my job involves everything through Design, Specification to Installation. The majority of projects we have are at Scottish Whisky Distilleries and we are official Diageo Contractors. We also project manage some projects at the most prestigious Distilleries in the world, but thats another matter.
Anyways, I need your help:
We are building a new Conference Room and myself and a few others will be doing the Electrical Installation over the weekend. The existing office has 180x52mm Dado Trunking on the walls, which houses Cat5 points (ethernet), Sockets and an RCD on each.
I have had no problem ordering matching Trunking, Sockets etc, however I cannot find what to do for the RCD! I have even phoned Radio Spares, who claim they don't sell anything to mount RCD's on Dado Trunking!
The brackets & RCD's which we currently have look like this:
RCD1.jpg
RCD2.jpg
As you can see from the images above, the RCD is almost 'surface mounted' in some kind of pyramid shaped braket?
I need to find out where to buy two of these brackets, what they are called and also the RCD. However, buying the actual RCD won't be a problem. It is just finding the braket!
The woman at Radio Spares suggested mounting them on a bit of DIN rail stuck to the outside of the trunking!! I dont think so! Would that even be allowed in the regs?
Thanks alot for your help guys,
Craig

Some dado trunking manufacturers actually do enclosures which fit the trunking so MCB's and RCD's can be fitted maybe a call to the manufacturer might help

Trunking looks like Marshall Tufflex.

The RCD/MCB housing you need is EAHC1WH (with cover)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you so much!
I will order this now.
Thank you to everyone for your help.
I really appreciate it guys, honestly though, I find it hard to believe that such a fundamental item is so hard to get a hold of. Radio Spares claimed they don't stock it!
Nowadays, anyone who buys trunking and installs Sockets in it, should also install an RCD.
Thanks alot guys,
Craig

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Dado Trunking RCD?? HELP in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net