Discuss Dangerous mains - Please help me identify this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I agree with an earlier post that this is a Building Network Operator (BNO) issue. However, this can leave you as “piggy in the middle” because nobody wants to take responsibility.

I’m not surprised to hear UK Power won’t touch it, as they see their responsibility lying with the incoming supply at the cutout/fuse only, and anything beyond that is the energy provider and building owners.

However, you’ll probably find that your energy provider will need convincing that it is their issue as well. I know this is frustrating, and I’ve seen situations where customers find themselves, as I said above, between a rock and a hard place.

I would get the landlord/freeholders on your side and get them to help you resolve it.

Also, depending on how helpful your energy provider/meter engineer is, they may be willing to install a new cutout/ red head, for you. They can be ordered as part of their stock, so they should have them in the van.

Last edited:
I’ll sort it out if uou’re nearby
Bit of a journey into UKPN territory maybe.

28A5CBE7-A001-4F0D-9D55-EFF95DD4319A.png

Reply to Dangerous mains - Please help me identify this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please help me to identify the purpose of this box. It sits under the roof and between my and my neighbor's houses (semi-detached). It was...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not a electrician. I wondered if anyone can help with identifying which isolation switch is required. I have UK power networks coming...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I have a faulty smart meter, its broken since I moved in and I am putting all my effort to fix this, I am a tenant though. A...
Replies
Views
About 15 years ago, after having had a modern consumer unit fitted, and prompted by our electrician, I asked my then energy supplier (Tonik) if...
Replies
Views
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Minecraft-Green-Creeper-Body-12-Can-Mini-Fridge-8L-2-Door-Ambient-Lighting-25-2-H-9-5-W-9-1-D/2670909566 ok so let me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock