Discuss Design of emergency lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

No, the OP clearly states 2000VA inrush, not 2000kVA.
The inrush of the lights together is 2000VA
He has stated that the inrush current is 8.4A, this is less than 30A (the 5x6A of a 6A type B mcb)
David put your glasses on and read the post,it clearly states 8 watts per fitting and the inrush current is 2000. I think you need to learn the difference between inrush current and normal operating current.

The inrush of the lights together is 2000VA

David put your glasses on and read the post,it clearly states 8 watts per fitting and the inrush current is 2000. I think you need to learn the difference between inrush current and normal operating current.

Exactly, 2000VA not 2000A, this is quoted as the power in VA not the current in A.
2000VA is below 10A, later in the thread he clarified that the inrush current is 0.6A per fitting which gives 8.4A for the whole circuit.

Reply to Design of emergency lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys n girls, Building an extension and considering extending the downstairs lighting circuit which is 1.5mm t+e. It is on a 5 amp breaker...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have not thought this through yet so don't give me stick yet. I was just thinking of putting emergency lighting around the house as saw...
Replies
Views
I
Hi Would appreciatte some advise and pointers on the following. Im an industrial sparks who has been tasked with fitting some emergency lighting...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I have recently carried out an electrical installation in a small office unit that will be occupied by the public and around 5-10 office...
Replies
Views
accordfire
A
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock