Discuss Design verification emergency lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi little lost on a question for lvl 4 design verification
Can anyone guide me to any calculations or formulas

Its for a 4.35m x 2.8m plant room with ceiling heigh of 2.2m. To be installing 4x 1700mm twin 58w flourescent lights. Only success I've had with any fluorescent fitting is that during emergency output a 58w lamp will offer 9%

Thanks
20230711_192824.jpg

Have the specified the manufacturer of the emergency light fittings you need to install?
If you have then you need to look at their product range and choose a suitable emergency light fitting and use their data to worn out how many are required.

If they haven't specified a manufacturer then take you will presumably be free to select suitable fittings from any manufacturer.

Have the specified the manufacturer of the emergency light fittings you need to install?
If you have then you need to look at their product range and choose a suitable emergency light fitting and use their data to worn out how many are required.

If they haven't specified a manufacturer then take you will presumably be free to select suitable fittings from any manufacturer.

just speced size and type 1700mm twin fluorescent luminaire 58w

yes I've got a fitting which produces 6.45w light output on the emergency. Just not sure where to find the formula to find the lumen/watt needed for the room dims.

6.45w will be the power consumption of the fitting rather than the light output. The data sheet for the fitting should give you the light output and graphical representations of this.

If you post a link to the fitting we may be able to help further.

6.45w will be the power consumption of the fitting rather than the light output. The data sheet for the fitting should give you the light output and graphical representations of this.

If you post a link to the fitting we may be able to help further.
thanks ill have a look later on for more light fitting I can find plenty of 58w twin fluorescent but none show spacing tables etc all i get is results for led variants but on the drawing it says twin 1700mm fluo luminaire 58w.

thanks ill have a look later on for more light fitting I can find plenty of 58w twin fluorescent but none show spacing tables etc all i get is results for led variants but on the drawing it says twin 1700mm fluo luminaire 58w.

You don't need the spacing tables for the florescents, you need the spacing tables for the emergency lights that you are proposing to install.

I think you may have misread the instructions, you are being told that you need to design it with self-contained, maintained luminaires interspersed with the florescents shown on the drawing.

This means that the emergency fittings need to be seperate, self contained luminaires which are fitted in addition to the flourescents.

Reply to Design verification emergency lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net