Search the forum,

Discuss Did it really need an earth? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If this was installed in the '80s, it did not meet the regs at the time of installation.
I would notify the customer in writing that I consider the installation to be dangerous even if it was installed much earlier, and did meet the regs at that time.

Reply to Did it really need an earth? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I own a country Villa out in the Spain countryside. Was having problems with water pressure so local tradesmen advised to get a water...
Replies
Views
Hi, i live in a new build house where they builders have left a junction box on the outside of my house. In the junction box there is a 6mm twin...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
I've wired some cable to a small 3x3 shed with 2 gpos, a 15a GPO, and a light. The shed is about 2m away from the house on a concrete slab. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back