Discuss Digital satellite finder in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Victor

-
Reaction score
I have just purchased a Satlink WS 6908 satellite finder but am having problems.... I select Astra 2 on the satfinder and get the dish into a position where I get a strong signal on both quailty and strength but cannot get the Freesat box to pick up a signal even though I can get one via another dish. Would I get the same signal if I was pointing at a different satellite even though my satfinder says Astra 2?

Any advice gratefully apreciated.

have you tried setting the freesat box to pick up the correct signal for the satellites you want to use, the box may be preset to select for a different channel spread, not forgetting that a lot of satellites are "tuned" directionally to provide signals over specific landmasses(areas) and countries....
I assume that you have a UK version freesat box? if it is a French version, it will be set up to select a provider for signals intended for France and you will need to go into the menu to select the correct channel and frequency settings to pick up/recognise the signal you have pointed your dish at...

Are you sure you are on the right satellite as some share the same frequencies, FEC's and symbol rates as ones used by Astra 2. Try a free to air scan on the meter and list what channels you are seeing and check these against Lyngsat.com.

Reply to Digital satellite finder in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Similar'ish question to my other thread but little more info now so a different approach but sorry if duplication. UK, single phase. Just had...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I live in a 10 year old semi which came pre wired but had no aerial in the loft or outside. In facet no-one on this estate has them outside...
Replies
Views
  • Question
After several years with a sky dish, my parents asked me to do something with their old aerial setup. The aerial, high up on the gable was a...
Replies
Views
Im seeking advice from a job we have done with the most difficult customer of my whole career. We're a family business of 50+ years and take pride...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock