Search the forum,

Discuss dissatified with product has anyone else had this issue? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Tamlight 8ft flourescent fittings seem to have a re-occuring problem in that the end-caps break away from the spring clip after about 1yr to 2yrs use, i fitted 80 fittings on site and 60% of these fittings have shown endcap problems.
Im wondering if anyone else has a similar issue with this fitting (TL100 range) it seems to be a problem with the 8ft's as ive fitted other sizes with no issues.

Yes Tamlite is CEF home brand, ive got this issue on 2 sites both only effecting 8ft TL range so looking to take it further but was just curious to see if anyone else had experienced or heard of this before, they are assembled in britain but the parts like the endcaps are made in the Eastern world; China i think? so dont be fooled by the british flag on the side alot of companies do this even though they have cheap labour overseas making most of the products up only to be assembled and made to look british made.

I had problems a few years ago with these, my opinion is that they are crap. I only fit Sylvanian now and have had no problems with them.:D

Cheers...........Howard

Just an update... i had tamlite on site and from the digging around etc they did have an issue with encap and spring failure about 5 yrs ago which was hopfully resolved as they altered the machining side for this product , it turns out the fittings ive had problems with are pre-dating this issue but as 8fts are now been phased out anyway its probably not a worry for them in the long term, but ive come to an agreement with them which im happy about.

Reply to dissatified with product has anyone else had this issue? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
At our church, one of the things I've done is sort out the heating wiring (as best I can for now). The schematic is as shown below. The theory...
Replies
Views
It's been asked a thousand times I know, but nothing quite matches what I have to work with. Ok, it's a 1950's ish house, 2 bed terrace, so very...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock