Discuss Distance of Heat Detector? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cant see that myself building regs state "If the kitchen is not seperated from the circulation area by a door, a compatable interlinked heat detector must be fitted" so I take it from that if it is seperated by a door you dont even need one and diagrams in regs support this pages 122 and 123 of buliding regs if you have a copy

Hope that helps

Chris

Yeah, you guys are right - I can't find any BS7671 Reg or Building Reg to support the 1 metre claim.

Kitchen fitters talk rubbish sometimes.

Thanks for the replies.

As far as electrics are concerned kitchen fitters talk rubbish all the time;)

Chris

Never a truer word spoken

"Why oh why" have they allowed them loose, to legally do our work in kitchens, which are then expanded to include everything else that they are not supposed to touch

Defined scope nonesense :confused:

They are related to our cousins from overseas look on the bright side eventually we will be called in to clear the mess up probably after the fire.

Chris

If a heat detector is installed too close to an oven, you will get false alarms when the oven door is opened.

The installation manual will state this also.

I think you should follow the manual for the particular alarm you are installing, my HD activates at 56*c, is set back 1m from cooker but ceiling is 2.9m high. To date I haven't had any false alarms.

Reply to Distance of Heat Detector? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Been covered before, but wondering if any amendments recently. I’ve been asked to fit detectors in a bungalow holiday cottage. Just over the...
Replies
Views
I currently have a home with 7 interconnected, hard-wired smoke detectors. I have a hard-wired heat alarm in the garage that I need to have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I recently purchased an old detector with charger from the US. Plugged it in with converting plug into Australian GPO and charger, it...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Wonder if anyone can help out, my experience in heating is minimal. So house I was working in had a circuit for the water heater, which went to a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock