Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's what looks to have been used from the image.

The other side of this is that I often have to squeeze insulated crimps with pliers or grips as most of those sold by wholesalers are cheap carp. You can squeeze all day at cheap crimps with the best of tools and never get a solid connection.
Aye should only use proper ratchet crimping tool to ensure correct pressure applied and both the conductor and insulation are crimped
However more importantly - it is sold core T&E and shouldn’t be crimped

Aye should only use proper ratchet crimping tool to ensure correct pressure applied and both the conductor and insulation are crimped
However more importantly - it is sold core T&E and shouldn’t be crimped

I have a decent ratchet crimper that works well with crimps from the same Italian manufacturer and a few other manufacturers I've tried, but it's useless with crimps from local wholesalers - usually SWA or Termination Technologies.

Couple of 'Dodgy' terminations on a recently refurbished job!

Attachments

• Dodgier.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Dodgy.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 44
The red blue yellow dot ratchet crimper I have always been told is for stranded wires like flex and auto wire connections only and never to used to solid conductors.

you need to use a special crimp tool with teeth and the correct crimps to joint solid wires

The red blue yellow dot ratchet crimper I have always been told is for stranded wires like flex and auto wire connections only and never to used to solid conductors.

you need to use a special crimp tool with teeth and the correct crimps to joint solid wires
Some crimps are suitable for solid conductors, some are not.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock