Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

99% of the time that is like a red rag to a bull, come on and show me the disaster of an installation and I can redo it and go home.
sometimes though it is incredible how much effort a diyer will go to in order for it to be perfect, sometimes with one simple to rectify mistake. Those are the jobs where it is a joy to repair and educate at the same time.

Looking again at Tim's image, I don't think a factory fitted flex had been removed. It looks very like connections on LAP floodlights a few years back. They didn't inspire confidence when connection NYY-J or HO7, but in fairness I never did have any issues with water ingress.

I was going to facetiously suggest they rarely lasted long enough to see a shower of rain, but that would be unfair when backed by a 3 year warranty.

Priceless.
To be fair he wanted to know why, and we chatted UV rays and grommet shapes!
Looking again at Tim's image, I don't think a factory fitted flex had been removed. It looks very like connections on LAP floodlights a few years back.
I think you are right. It would have been a sod to terminate, so some respect is due that it worked at all, for a while!
I was going to facetiously suggest they rarely lasted long enough to see a shower of rain,
My current habit is Collingwood units. They seem to be lasting well. Also easy to fit (as are their bathroom bulkheads)

I have been asked to wire an Air Source Heat Pump for a Koi pond - no biggie from the electrical point of view.

However, I thought I would check up on the required settings, and plumbing - just in case there is anything special for this application, so came across this video:

I just love the strain relief at 3:20, the bolting straight through the vibration feet at 9:20 (so they're bypassed transmitting the vibration straight through).

Can't see any danger with the consumer unit or wiring to the meter around 10:45 though! 😉

And he and his commenters think he's done a brilliant job.

IMG_20240121_184111.jpg
Left by a wet pants when the boiler spring a Leek, no fuse spur to 3amp, take off the wall and left it has I was when it boiler tripped the RCD.

A flex outlet plate and shallow 16mm wall box, very poor. Are you sure there isn't a fused spur upstream of that Buzz ?
No idea, called out by a company that do
emergency calls, isolation was in order
From main boiler, customer getting wet paints back to sort the boiler out, informed customer to tell wet pants to investigate, and if no up stream fuse spur needs one putting in.

I just love the strain relief at 3:20, the bolting straight through the vibration feet at 9:20 (so they're bypassed transmitting the vibration straight through).
Strain relief is low on the priority list when you have aesthetics to consider, like the colour of the cable.
Can't see any danger with the consumer unit or wiring to the meter around 10:45 though! 😉
In fairness, he did say he used rubber washers under the metal ones. :)

And he and his commenters think he's done a brilliant job.
He's so proud of his work, he feels the need to show off the innards of it.

Maybe he could get a perspex cover for it.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock