Search the forum,

Discuss dogs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jonesy83

the missis has been getting on at me for a good while now that she wants a dog for the kids and im slowly losing the argument its only been a 12 month argument even if i agree wont be till we come back off holiday next september before i go looking for 1 any recomendations on a breeds that is good with children so i can research them

thanks

anything that doesnt require 10 men to stop it when it goes mad..,yorky terrier,yappy but nice little dogs or a greyhound,plenty of them around,young but dont make enough money for their owners,so get binned,need plenty of walks tho.

I have a rottweiler and a german shepherd and they are both brilliant with kids and people in general. No point getting a small dog as you gotta walk em anyway

The rescue homes are full of Staffies, but you don't know their history and they have an image problem at the moment.
Dogs that are gentle with kids, friendly and playful that need exercise but not excessive amounts would be something like a Labrador.

I have two huskies, and they are fantastic with my children. They are not bothered by anything the kids are doing, even when trying to climb over them.

They are hard work though.

Lots of walking. And every six months they blow their coats, which is messy. We have to vacuum multiple times a day, and constantly empty it.

I don't trust little dogs. They are very yappy, and snappy and you never know when they may nip one of the kids.

Last edited:
Little dog syndrome is the worst. I get horrible looks and people cross the road to get away when im walking my dogs. But i agree i would rather meet a big dog than a little yapper which i find are more likely to nip or lash out

I have two huskies, and they are fantastic with my children. They are not bothered by anything the kids are doing, even when trying to climb over them.

They are hard work though.

Lots of walking. And every six months they blow their coats, which is messy. We have to vacuum multiple times a day, and constantly empty it.

I don't trust little dogs. They are very happy, and snappy and you never know when they may nip one of the kids.

id prefer a dog that could nip as opposed to one that could rip a head off,ive got 3 terriers they could cause damage as any other dog could,but as ive got kids id prefer one that wont beat me in a fight:redface:

Reply to dogs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back