Search the forum,

Discuss dogs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Staffies are good with kids, plus there is usually a good choice at the rescue centres.

I would be dubious about a rescue Staffie only because of unknown or confirmed previous history.

staffies is definatly a no no had to take my mums cat the vets there was a few staffies in there which their owners just couldnt control

That'll be the owners that need shooting as Staffies have become a status symbol for the Chavs.

Some of the most loyal and well behaved family dogs I've ever seen are Staffies, unfortunately some of the most abused and misused dogs I've seen are also Staffies. It's a shame to tar the whole breed with the same brush when it's some of the owners that need euthanasing not the dogs.

My Staffie has been fantastic with our two kids. He has taken a lot of abuse from them, the usual toddler ear pulling, climbing on his bed, tail pulling etc. He has never snapped or snarled at them, he just walks off and leaves them to it. If one is crying he'll go up and see what's wrong. He's protective of them and strangers always get an 'inspection' first.

I am gutted that a lot of Staffie owners only have them as a status symbol and these poor animals are abused daily, no wonder Staffie attacks are on the up. If I saw a Staffie mawling a chav I would be in two minds whether to help or not.

They have earned the name Nanny dog for a reason.

In short, I love Staffies as they have proven to be a faithful, loyal and reliable breed.

We look after the Wildlife sos sky tv programme (free of charge I might add) great place to visit and work on. only time ive come face to face with deer, foxes and badgers

Two trainers I'd recommend are Victoria Stillwell and Amazing Dog Training Man on youtube. Follow the methods they describe and I don't think you'll go too far wrong. Ignore Cesar Millan.
Another good resource is your local community centre, our one had a class ran by two old girls who were obviously doing it just because they loved it, I took our dog there for ages, it cost a quid a week and both me and him got loads out of it

Reply to dogs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock