Discuss Don't you just love easy jobs on Saturdays in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

snJust got home.

Absolute nightmare of a job. Only fitted 4 security lights but was in an old peoples home. Never ever work in one!!!

All security lights on PIR's. Cheap B&Q lights. £8 or so. Getting the settings right is an absolute bugger of a job! Especially when you have half the home walking round the garden when you're trying to set them.

One of them days were it took me 5 or 6 attemps to fish the cable through from interior to exterior because of those damn voids inbetween bricks. (no rods with me) Ended up using a piece of earth wire and tape to fish through in the end.

Bloody starving I am.....

Nightmare

Im dissapointed, i thought a man of your integrity would slieve the wall before passing a cable with no mech protection through. I ALWAYS slieve a wall up with a short length of 20mm conduit, angled to prevent water ingress with a grommit on the outside, suppose it also makes it a piece of cake to pass cables through the void.

Im dissapointed, i thought a man of your integrity would slieve the wall before passing a cable with no mech protection through. I ALWAYS slieve a wall up with a short length of 20mm conduit, angled to prevent water ingress with a grommit on the outside, suppose it also makes it a piece of cake to pass cables through the void.
Why would it need mechanical protection when its on an rcd....rubbish that my friend....

protection from those little polystyrene pellets that react with the pvc cable. and also prevents chafing on the masonry. still, won't be a problem before you get paid.

Went to test it and found some genius has twisted the earth cables of the kitchen ring together at the board. I needed to remove 8 of the 10 breakers and pull out all the cables so I could test it.

could you not have tested the ring continuity at the socket instead of taking the board apart? or from the socket that fed it, if you extended to a spur.... and you could cross couple at that point also, then you could just confirm the values were correct at the board to prove the ring

could you not have tested the ring continuity at the socket instead of taking the board apart? or from the socket that fed it, if you extended to a spur.... and you could cross couple at that point also, then you could just confirm the values were correct at the board to prove the ring

I could have done that but was in such a rage that I had complete tunnel vision!! The reality of what I'd done (or not as the case may be) hit me a couple of hours later. What a tool!

Reply to Don't you just love easy jobs on Saturdays in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock