Discuss Double / triple posts!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Ive noticed alot of members including myself are having problems that when you submit a post it sometimes comes out duplicated or tripliated within the same post and a updated print between them.... its getting annoying especially when you having to edit said post to remove unwanted content.... i assume its a forum issue as many members seem to have same issue but could one of our Mods have a look into this thx..

Yup the database is struggling under the amount of script posted, a new VPS or individual stand alone server may be needed IMO, the host here is playing games with the forum and not allowing the admins enough space for their money.

Yes mate I agree it's a pain. It's already been reported to admin who are hopefully trying to resolve the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes mate I agree it's a pain. It's already been reported to admin who are hopefully trying to resolve the issue.

Did you do that on purpose pmsl.... cheers for prompt response too.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you do that on purpose pmsl.... cheers for prompt response too.

I run 2 marine aquaria websites with decent member levels and have had this problem myself, actually I had problems where the posts wouldn't even load at busy times, I changed hosts and never looked back, some hosts offer VPS servers and promise the world, then get too many other sites sharing them, thats when problems begin, known host is a good company, never looked back since we joined them, the cpanel is backed up daily and the costs low, the problem is they are not british, hang on-------- I wonder if thats why the problems stopped haha

- - - Updated - - -

i thought you did that on purpose as some sort of witty parody / irony lol.
you should have bluffed through it ;-)

I've never had a problem with it
...........................................with it
....................................................with it
.............................................................with it
......................................................................with it
..................................................................with it
....................................................with it
.............................................................with it
......................................................................with it

REALLY ???!!!

nice , i used to keep a marine tank also. :)

you have gone up a notch on my cool'ometer mike.

you're now a notch 1
;-)

If you ever feel like a look at some Lovely classy tanks let me know, I will send you my sites addy, some incredible aquarists on my site, great hobby.

I have not noticed this my self

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just letting you guys know that I've been aware of this and am getting my head around it. Thought I'd fixed it, but the problem has come back it seems.

Might need to do a fresh install of the forum if all else fails, then customise it again so it's the same.

The forum is basically old software upgraded more than 30 times over the last few years and it's just got a bit tired database-wise. It's a bit messy back there. Been trying to clean it up but it's proving more time consuming than it's worth, it'd be much quicker to do a fresh.

Got a couple more things to try before the week is out so will try those first though.

So hang in there, and I am very sorry about this.

Just letting you guys know that I've been aware of this and am getting my head around it. Thought I'd fixed it, but the problem has come back it seems.

Might need to do a fresh install of the forum if all else fails, then customise it again so it's the same.

The forum is basically old software upgraded more than 30 times over the last few years and it's just got a bit tired database-wise. It's a bit messy back there. Been trying to clean it up but it's proving more time consuming than it's worth, it'd be much quicker to do a fresh.

Got a couple more things to try before the week is out so will try those first though.

So hang in there, and I am very sorry about this.

No need for appologies mate, the site is great - forget the little glitches, its a fountain of knowledge and a great place to talk to like-minded people. And for this, we're greatful you run the site...here's too many more years :17:

Can you not see which member's don't come on here anymore and delete them in their thousands, the member count is like 37,000 and not even half of that use it....

While you doing nothing Dan can you grant me my 3000+ access ;)

- - - Updated - - -

While you doing nothing Dan can you grant me my 3000+ access ;)

No need for appologies mate, the site is great - forget the little glitches, its a fountain of knowledge and a great place to talk to like-minded people. And for this, we're greatful you run the site...here's too many more years :17:

Can you not see which member's don't come on here anymore and delete them in their thousands, the member count is like 37,000 and not even half of that use it....

I do erase unused accounts mate. The member count would be around 70k now if I didn't.

I ask those who don't wish to use it if they want to be erased every time I send a mass mail out, so we generally clear up unused accounts that way.

We've been here a long time though, so just because a member hasn't posted since 2010, doesn't mean he's not going to. If activity was sporadic before, it'll just be that type of member and we'll keep the account for them.

Of the 37k we have now, nearly all have logged in at least in the last 12 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Double Post wise.

Can people see if it happens from now, well, from about an hour ago? I think I've fixed it.

If not, I think I know what it is and I'm nearly there with it. I just need to see if some changes I've made have fixed it, or if I need to do a little more.

Im sure one of the oppinoated old lager-louts in here will soon let you know if it's not worked buddy!

Doesn't bother me tbh, but for your sake i hope you've sorted it...bet it can be quite annoying for you!

Fingers crossed!

So far it looks okay on all forums. It was Tapatalk related. When their push notifications server lags, it lagged ours, so I've disabled notifications for now while I get them to respond to a couple of queries.

Reply to Double / triple posts!!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net