Discuss Drilled into wire in kitchen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

• My first reaction is always make the joint meet or exceed the OCPD, so 32A is bound to be OK.
  • Another way of looking at it, is to make sure the joint is not the weakest link. If you look at 2.5mm T&E CCC (such as Table 7.1(iii) in the OSG) then it is not more than 27A, so that would be another option.
  • However, the real question is what is needed for RFC leg rating? As @Pretty Mouth has already listed it is explicit in regulation 433.1.204 but you could deduce that from looking at the acceptable methods for a 2.5mm RFC, which are (from OSG Table 7.1(i) on page 75) methods 100, 102, A & C, and of those the lowest rating is method 'A' at 20A.

Reply to Drilled into wire in kitchen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm going to be installing an outdoor socket, have no problem with the outdoor/socket side, but when bringing the internal end or the SWA...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'd like to seek your input on a matter. I'm in the process of designing the electrical connections for the following kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock