Discuss drivers hit again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Woke up today and saw that the robbers in government are trying to dramatically increase motoring fines! Now I've seen first hand the devastation caused by road traffic incidents,but firstly lets look at the facts,a marked volvo driving up and down the motorway or sat on an overbridge has a greater effect on a bigger number of motorists than an unmarked BMW,yes the BMW may catch more speeders but the marked volvo will make far more people slow down,which given that all the talk is about casualty reduction then surely slowing down a few hundred people has to be better than catching half a dozen speeders.No at the end of the day the issue is all about raising money,the motorist is and always will be a soft target.What about greater sentences for drug dealers etc,surely their actions impact on a far greater number of people than a speeding motorist,but no they are harder to catch,yes there are some drivers who do appalling speeds in some of the most ridiculous situations,but I firmly believe this sneaky beaky attitude to motorists stinks!

I saw the same report, to add something else in, did you see the breadline kids program yesterday? the poor girl who was a church choir girl and who's mum had to make a decision whether to borrow money to have a working fridge or eat instead broke my heart, it really did break my heart, and the poor girl who had cancer and who's dad had to drive her on a 40 mile round trip to hospital most days so she could get treatment made me even sadder. They live on 4 quid a day and had their benefit removed because she spent more than 28 days in 3 months in hospital, anyone voting Tory after seeing that program needs brain surgery, I was so appalled I nearly kicked the tv over, with that and now up to 10,000 fines for speeding we may as well all leave the country, last one out please turn off the light.

Disgusting,I'm having a few problems myself at the moment but not that bad thankfully,what the hell is going wrong when things like this are allowed to happen?we are descending to a level of a third world country,but thats ok isn't it because the likes of Camoron and his cronies will still have their fine food and expensive holidays,whatever happened to the government serving the people?these days they just help themselves, barstewards!

Seeing that program yesterday actually affected me, I have never been so disturbed at seeing a television program, we are a rich country, yet the government want more and more from us, 3 men sat at a table, a government minister, a member of the public who reads tory newspapers and an immigrant, at the same table there is 10 cakes, the Government minister takes 9 cakes, he then turns to the member of the public who reads the Sun and the Mail and the Times etc and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your cake" Now joking aside, there is some serious truth behind that statement.

Reply to drivers hit again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net