Discuss Ducting for cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Builders just about to start excavating for our 2 storey side extension. I thought it would be wise to have some ducting in place as I wish to run a circuit to the garden shed, plus maybe data and options for future supplies.

For the shed I dont predict anything bigger than a 3 core 6mm SWA.

I looked at twin wall ducting but I'm not sure if its suitable under such a build. Is weight an issue? Are they say buried in concrete?

Round ducting is far more resilient than square, (crack endusers) a couple of 50mm plastic drain pipes would be better than any square ducting, once the concrete has set they are literally a concrete duct with a plastic lining.

We just use class6 50mm black polyethylene irrigation pipe, it's a bit more flexible and more resiliant to impact than the hard PVC drain pipes/conduits and it comes on a roll so you don't need couplings etc. If your length is more than around 20 meters I'd suggest a drawbox of some sort mid length.

Reply to Ducting for cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
OK. I can already feel the eyes rolling I am working in a yard where we are having trouble with vandalism. There is absolutely no way of getting...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views
When putting in some duct for fibre broadband we also put in a few lengths of 63/50mm twinwall duct "just in case" we needed that, as we knew of a...
Replies
Views
Just a bit of a muse at the moment, work won't happen for a while, though I do already have the ducting. We have (what's left of - it was rotten...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock