Discuss Early morning rant! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Ordered 100m t&e ffrom wholesales, chap delivered it in a box! Why on earth would I want a reel in a box!? They are useless job took so long because it was constantly jammin up. Box the fell apart allowing the thin piece of cardboard actually making the 'reel' to then fall off letting the cable go all over the place! What a stupid idea! It was enough to reduce you to tears!!! Anyway rant over with but I don't know about you guys but a terrible idea!

I agree.

I've had exactly the same hassle with both a 100m T&E and a 50m 3 core & E ..... both made by Prysman.

Nice cable, but an awful way to dispense it.

Yeah this was exactly the same make and 3 core and earth. Trying my best to get it through the oval existing in the wall all of a sudden I'm trying to pull the whole box through. If I wanted a box I would have ordered it. I can understand it with communication cables etc as they are very light. That cable could be sitting in the back of the van for a while until I pluck the courage up to use it again

there are things called "REELSAVERS" ect IMO its a good idea but not rpactiacl and someone at pirellie needs to bite the bulet and admit its not working n go back to the good old cables on proper reels

Mine was trying to escape down a hole where I'd lifted part of a floorboard.

It's a shame really because I find it nice cable to work with - very flexible & easy to strip.

there are things called "REELSAVERS" ect IMO its a good idea but not rpactiacl and someone at pirellie needs to bite the bulet and admit its not working n go back to the good old cables on proper reels

I saw an advert somewhere for Reelsaver, but wasn't very impressed.

I tried them once. It somehow 'moved' into the plumbers way so he decided to nudge out the way and snap!

I've never had any problems with plumbers or gas fitters. Maybe because I was the plumber & gas fitter - as well as the spark.

It's nice to be left alone to just get on with whatever needs to be done.

Ordered 100m t&e ffrom wholesales, chap delivered it in a box! Why on earth would I want a reel in a box!? They are useless job took so long because it was constantly jammin up. Box the fell apart allowing the thin piece of cardboard actually making the 'reel' to then fall off letting the cable go all over the place! What a stupid idea! It was enough to reduce you to tears!!! Anyway rant over with but I don't know about you guys but a terrible idea!

Boxes are a good thing... :bucktooth:
It tells those monkeys at the trade counter the size of the cable. Wouldn't bother using them as a cable dispenser - use conduit !

Reply to Early morning rant! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net