Search the forum,

Discuss Early morning rant! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

The box is there for one purpose only and thats not to dispense cable.If you were to see several hundred reels of cable in boxes you would understand its only there to aid stacking, storage etc

The box has a purposely made hole for dispensing. I thought I try and use it for its intended purpose... Never again. I had to order something earlier so this time kept asking for a reel and not a box, he asked why I explained and he said at least they are tidy in the van! Conduit is now may favoured option as long as the apprentice remembers to fix it to something :)

I totally agree nice cable but the box goes straight in the bin, best cable dispenser i have come across is step of steps and an earth rod, works wonders!

Ordered 100m t&e ffrom wholesales, chap delivered it in a box! Why on earth would I want a reel in a box!? They are useless job took so long because it was constantly jammin up. Box the fell apart allowing the thin piece of cardboard actually making the 'reel' to then fall off letting the cable go all over the place! What a stupid idea! It was enough to reduce you to tears!!! Anyway rant over with but I don't know about you guys but a terrible idea!
we sometimes get it in a box.....like you say gazza....useless!!......we just take the reel out of the box and sling the rest.....but the sides of the reel is just pathetic.....so then it uncoils everyware...either in the back of the van (which is bad enough already)..lol.........or on`t job.......does your head in.....

we sometimes get it in a box.....like you say gazza....useless!!......we just take the reel out of the box and sling the rest.....but the sides of the reel is just pathetic.....so then it uncoils everyware...either in the back of the van (which is bad enough already)..lol.........or on`t job.......does your head in.....
Exactly, just used 200m last week on the spoola. Ok when you down to the last 50m!

Reply to Early morning rant! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock