Discuss ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is posted on the Elecsa site, it seems its an NICEIC buy out to me, the CEO of the new company Certsure is formed from the NICEIC, Elecsa and ECA etc is Emma Clancy who is the CEO of the NICEIC, the register is just a smoke screen me thinks.

ECA and ESC Announce Major Partnership

Release Date:
19/11/2012

In a move which will bring the electrical contracting industry together as never before, the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) and the Electrical Safety Council (ESC) have today announced the creation of the Electrical Safety Register.
Not only that, from April 1st 2013, the NICEIC and ELECSA will be operated by a brand new organisation called Certsure LLP for the good of its customers, giving the industry a stronger voice to government and major stakeholders on relevant issues.
The partnership will bring many benefits to NICEIC and ELECSA registrants. The first is the creation of the Register, which will be the definitive searchable database of NICEIC and ELECSA registered contractors, as well as ECA members, promoted to hundreds of thousands of specifiers by the trade association and the Charity.
Certsure LLP will also make major customer commitments to NICEIC and ELECSA customers. These include:
• Customers are able to display the Electrical Safety Register banner
• NICEIC, ELECSA and ECA customers will be included on the Electrical Safety Register
• Certsure LLP will provide excellent customer service and actively promote its contractors in the marketplace
“With this partnership, the benefits to the consumer and electrician are significant,” comments Charles Tanswell, chair of the ESC. “In particular, for the consumer it means more can be done to raise awareness of the benefits of using registered electricians and we’re delighted that this partnership ensures solid industry support for the charity and its work.”
“This partnership marks a new beginning for the electrical contracting industry.” explains Paul McNaughton, President of the ECA. “There is strength in unity and this alliance unites the key electrical industry players: The sector trade association, the electrical consumer charity and the leading certification body, while providing clarity to the consumer and a consolidated voice to government on common issues.”
“We will act as the sole registration, certification and assessment body for not only NICEIC’s current customer base, but for those under the ELECSA and ECA brands too,” explains Emma Clancy, CEO of Certsure LLP. “Over time significant cost and commercial benefits will be available to those electrical contractors registered with ELECSA and NICEIC, thanks to this partnership and we will be communicating with all our customers about the joint venture.”
To view the Electrical Safety Register log onto www.electricalsafetyregister.com

For more information contact [email protected] or call 01582 539020

Notes to Editors:
The Electrical Safety Council (ESC) is a UK charity committed to reducing deaths and injuries caused by electrical accidents at home and at work. The charity acts as a consumer advocate, raising awareness of safety issues through a range of campaigns and liaises with industry and government to protect consumers and promote best practice within the electrical industry.

The Electrical Contractors Association is the UK’s largest trade association representing electrical engineering and contracting companies. The electrical contracting industry employs 350,000 operatives and 6,000 apprentices. Its 3,000 members range from local electricians to national companies with several branches employing thousands. Its members carry out a range of work, from domestic heating and lighting to cutting edge building control technology.

Reply to ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net