Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss EICR and NAPIT in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. regshunter

regshunter EF Member

NAPIT have lost all credibility for me, it seems that all the other regulatory bodies and third party software providers were ready for the BS 7671 amendments to come into effect at the start of this year, as was I. NAPIT and their desktop software however, were not.

No electronic EICR forms, no apology, no service... I want my money back!

I have given them ample time to respond to my queries and have heard nothing.

It's the same old story, if you choose the “sales" option from the telephone menu your call gets answered within 5 rings, anything that involves technical support takes ages.

I used to be 100% behind this organisation... Well, not any more...

2. D80

D80 Guest

NIC EIC is no different - they have extended the use of PIR forms till June for its members!!

3. needasparks

needasparks Electrician's Arms

Naffit, Nickit and the other one all as bad as each other.

• Like Like x 1
  4. regshunter

regshunter EF Member

I contacted the NICEIC in jan and was assured that they had their electronic software ready for EICR's (both domestic up to 100a and commercial versions) is this not true then?

I'm going to try Tysoft software soon anyway...

5. ezzzekiel

ezzzekiel Guest

didnt think they ever had any credibilty, certainly not with me from what i saw at there mansfield centre!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andyfm

Andyfm Regular EF Member

Tysoft are up to date with their own certs, but I dont know if they can do NICEIC Eicrs

7. regshunter

regshunter EF Member

Can't I use tysoft's EICR and whatever regultory body I'm with's logo (thinking of joining NICEIC), print to blank sheet or pdf? Or is there something that I'm missing?

8. Andyfm

Andyfm Regular EF Member

Yes you can , and tysoft will also overprint onto NIC Certs as well

9. oldtimer

oldtimer Trusted Advisor

The whole thing is a farce there is not one scheme providor who was ready on the 1st of January never mind the software they could not even get the documentation ie EICR pads printed. I also enquired with a couple of suppliers (one is a sponser on this site) and they are as much in the dark as we are now I do not want to get my conspiracy hat on but my feeling are that they are colluding with each other but will not give any reason on the delay.

The thing is that they have such a tight control on the industry basically they can do what they want

• Like Like x 1