Search the forum,

Discuss Eicr codes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

First off I wont be sued for giving my professional opinion, and im basing it on the old periodic guidance of socket outlets supplying equipment out doors, although I have seen other guidance that call it as "improvement recommended"

Ah, you didnt make that clear mind you

Need to remember you cannot fail installations if they do not adhere to new regs unless of course it is generally dangerous, if you did every house in the UK over 10 years old would need remedial works :rofl:

in a house with a back or front garden it becomes feasible IMO, even an upstairs flat owner might plug in the hoover to clean the car.

What a load of tripe.. How can you say a socket upstairs is feasable to feed a hoover in the back garden.. RCD protect the one socket near the door job done

If you take that approach you could argue every socket in the house could feed outside via an extension lead

What a load of tripe.. How can you say a socket upstairs is feasable to feed a hoover in the back garden.. RCD protect the one socket near the door job done

Its not tripe, that's why I asked if it was a house or a flat, In a house with a garden out the back and a driveway in the front, every downstairs socket is fair game to be used outside, If your so sure, why did you ask the question?

Need to remember you cannot fail installations if they do not adhere to new regs unless of course it is generally dangerous, if you did every house in the UK over 10 years old would need remedial works :rofl:

Well, its up to the individual sparks to judge each property as they see it, but if you go on the guidance available then unprotected RCD sockets that are gonna be used outside are a C2 recommendation

Well, its up to the individual sparks to judge each property as they see it, but if you go on the guidance available then unprotected RCD sockets that are gonna be used outside are a C2 recommendation

you mean sockets that may be used to plug in external equipment without RCD protection? and yes some may agree with you there, Code 3 for me.

Sure is bud.. Mearly saying there is a conflict beetween my EICR and the other guys at the firm.. His resulting in mega bucks for work that doesn't deem a unsatisfactory result.

Yea, I agree with you it is satisfactory, at most it needs a small rcd unit for the sockets or maybe not even that, there are other ways round it, its a hard one though, personally if I was in your position I wouldn't mention it to the agent as I cant bear any type of tradesman who puts down peoples work or business unless they do something really dangerous. On the other hand you also have a professional relationship with the agent and the last thing you want them thinking is you've missed something the the other guy picked up on, I think id maybe jokily mention that he was a "bit strict" on that one

I won't have an RCD in my house lol

i'd love to carry out an inspection on your house mdj.
i bet i could stretch out the defects list to at least 3 pages :)
i give code 1's just for only getting 1 sugar in my tea - i'm that serious.
;-)
and i expect wife , kids and pets to wear hi-viz at all times.

you mean sockets that may be used to plug in external equipment without RCD protection? and yes some may agree with you there, Code 3 for me.

That's fine, however, I phoned the NIC tech line a while back when quoting for an EICR at a school and he recomended that all socket outlets not rcd protected should be a C2

Reply to Eicr codes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock