Discuss Eicr in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

so you come out with this..

then issue a like for Tel`s valid post at #20..

so come on then...which one is it?

If it draws less than the rating then all good, but if it's running over then not good practice. You implied that because it wouldn't trip if it was over its rating then all was good. Daz

On the subject of EICR's, a small shop just called me about one, two story, 3 rooms upstairs plus toilet, and two rooms downstairs plus kitchen, apparently has 8 - 10 circuits.

What would you say is a fair price? I said £130 - £150

On the subject of EICR's, a small shop just called me about one, two story, 3 rooms upstairs plus toilet, and two rooms downstairs plus kitchen, apparently has 8 - 10 circuits.

What would you say is a fair price? I said £130 - £150

£150 mate. By the time you do all the paperwork as well it's best part of a day gone. Although does depend on how thorough you are..

I thought £150 was possibly a bit cheap, but didn't know what to say as I have only ever done domestic EICR's.

Ill see if he comes back to me, hopefully he will. I personally do 100% of accessible, nothing left unturned.

I would be 200.00 inc paperwork time, but thats just me, 150 sounds fair for an house, but not a commercial

We'll I said it would need to be closed so Sunday would be a good day, it's only a small health food shop with a few rooms, it's not a busy shop I don't think. But I did say it would need to be shut whilst I was there , I said without seing it I said I'd have a guess at needing 4 hours maybe.

i got the feeling he thought what I quoted him was expensive as he was a bit 'oh' right I see.

If you clamp test that shower supply I think you will be surprised to see how your load in amps will differ from the rating plate on the shower stating 10.5 kw.
Not to different from the way BHP is given for an engines output ie horsepower read from the crank is very different to rear wheel horsepower.
Try it !! I think you will find the 40A is fine.

He's a shopkeeper, £0.50 would be expensive to him!

4 hours doesn't give you much time does it? I'd tell them it's a full day.

And Sunday is out of hours for this game so prices should go up.

If it is an heath shop no doubt his products wont be cheap to the public,so just explain to him that healthy circuits aren't cheap either.

We'll I said it would need to be closed so Sunday would be a good day, it's only a small health food shop with a few rooms, it's not a busy shop I don't think. But I did say it would need to be shut whilst I was there , I said without seing it I said I'd have a guess at needing 4 hours maybe.

i got the feeling he thought what I quoted him was expensive as he was a bit 'oh' right I see.

All he probably 'heard' was '4hrs and £150'. No one ever thinks about your overheads, travelling time, time for paperwork, etc. :)

Reply to Eicr in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net