Discuss Electric shocks from a light switch in the kitchen due to humidity, condensation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Right okay, will have to ask landlord. Last time one of their electricians tried to repair a BS1361 fuse using a wire.
what would you expect him to use, a broom handle?

If its a rented property I'd be getting the landlord to sort out the serious issues of the damp and condensation.

In all honesty I'd just look to move

If its a rented property I'd be getting the landlord to sort out the serious issues of the damp and condensation.

This is getting rather spooky. That bald headed bearded guy who's been appearing in ever page on this forum, has now taken over 123 profile. Is it to do with hard/soft border thing over Brexit for the isle of Ireland :eek:

Contact
123 Electrician's Arms

I'll take this into consideration. The fume extraction fan has been replaced by undersized one on a crumbly piece of plasterboard.

FFS sort the damp problem out, fix the problem, not the symptoms...

Moisture inside the switch enclosure - sounds like a damp-proof course issue to me...had a very similar problem with a socket buried in a solid wall. There was so much moisture that the socket wall box had actually partially rusted away...and tracking across the face of the socket giving electric shocks!

Sorry but the pics posted just look like a wall and a switch to me. If you are getting shocks - turn the power off at the Consumer Unit (fuse board) and get expert assistance.

The hassle and the cost to move will be a massive pain, deposit credit checks etc etc

Reply to Electric shocks from a light switch in the kitchen due to humidity, condensation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net