• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Electric shower trips after 5 minutes in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This electrician job is going for grabs, please don't post contact details in this area of the forum. Use the forum messaging system instead.
The suspence must be killing you lot waiting to hear the outcome. :D

Here's a little update so far...

@SparkyChick sent me a fantastic email; thorough and detailed; more than I could have hoped for. I'm torn between asking her to do the work and going with her suggestion to replace the shower with a combi boiler mixed shower. The combi boiler is on the wall outside the bathroom so it could not be more convenient really. I've arranged for my daughter to get a quote and then we'll see just how much more that'll cost than the cable replacement, and new consumer unit.

Meanwhile events have taken over with my son off to uni tomorrow and work being 10-12 hour days (if only they paid overtime!).

I'll be back when there's more to report.

The suspence must be killing you lot waiting to hear the outcome. :D

Here's a little update so far...

@SparkyChick sent me a fantastic email; thorough and detailed; more than I could have hoped for. I'm torn between asking her to do the work and going with her suggestion to replace the shower with a combi boiler mixed shower. The combi boiler is on the wall outside the bathroom so it could not be more convenient really. I've arranged for my daughter to get a quote and then we'll see just how much more that'll cost than the cable replacement, and new consumer unit.

Meanwhile events have taken over with my son off to uni tomorrow and work being 10-12 hour days (if only they paid overtime!).

I'll be back when there's more to report.

And to clarify for you lot... I didn't suggest replacing the whole consumer unit at this juncture (although that is an option). Just a small shower CU to provide an adequate OCPD and the required RCD protection.

I can't possibly thank @SparkyChick enough for her help. She went into a lot of detail in her long email to me, explaining the options and issues.

Thanks to her suggestion and outlined costs, my daughter has decided to disable the electric shower and simply fit new bath taps with an integrated shower hose.

I've written to @SparkyChick privately as well to thank her but I'd also like to thank everyone else who offered help here and recommended her.

T H A N K Y O U

So the final word is @SparkyChick should get forum member of the year award for being most helpful and going beyond what is expected of her to help a visitor to the forum. She didnt do the hard sell either.
Maybe we should do end of year forum awards for a laugh?
Gets my vote gavin, She’s just spent an hour telling an idiot (me) how to use the forum properly, thanks SC!

Reply to Electric shower trips after 5 minutes in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net