Discuss electrical safety register, it's up and running in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Watch this situation the new phoney electrical safety war has started, more smoke and mirrors in an effort to ovoid a single government imposed regulatory body that the schemes have little or no control over and their cash-cow is killed.

The schemes have been stirred into pre-emptive action by comments made by the select committee looking at Part P, they are worried that in light of the committees recommendations that the government might set up an electrical version of Gas-Safe.

So NAPIT have recently included all their Part P members on the Electric Safe Register, incidentally which they set-up years ago, registration has been open to all and voluntary, but few ever bothered for obvious reasons.
In response the ESC (with predictable prompting from NICEIC) has set up the Electrical Safety Register, both the NICEIC and ECA/ELECSA have agreed to have all their members automatically included.

http://www.electricsaferegister.co.uk/
http://www.electricalsafetyregister.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
So thats where they've been spending all the money on yet another scheme they'll no doubt introduce a charge for admin at some point
I was more excited about the free van sticker I received after 3 yrs of membership fees I have something to show for it other than invoices for annual visit/membership fees.

I don't think they see the other side of the coin though, while stressing the advantage for contractor and the consumer of there being a single register for the public to search on, which I agree is good for joe public, the contractor who pays for this is now on a list with double the number of competing firms for the customer to choose from, possibly with the effect of reducing the amount of work gained at best it'll stay the same.

Jib - £25 every 3 years + safety test with checked qualifications for competence -
cant see the need for :

niceic, elecsa, esc, ecs, stroma, napit, safety register, safe register, competent person website, part p, labc, trust mark....
my apologies if i missed anyone wanting a share of the pie but im struggling to keep up

Watch this situation the new phoney electrical safety war has started, more smoke and mirrors in an effort to ovoid a single government imposed regulatory body that the schemes have little or no control over and their cash-cow is killed.

The schemes have been stirred into pre-emptive action by comments made by the select committee looking at Part P, they are worried that in light of the committees recommendations that the government might set up an electrical version of Gas-Safe.

So NAPIT have recently included all their Part P members on the Electric Safe Register, incidentally which they set-up years ago, registration has been open to all and voluntary, but few ever bothered for obvious reasons.
In response the ESC (with predictable prompting from NICEIC) has set up the Electrical Safety Register, both the NICEIC and ECA/ELECSA have agreed to have all their members automatically included.

ElectricSafe Register - Electricians you can trust
Electrical Safety Register - Find your local, registered electrical contractor
yes Mark and when i looked at the `stuff` they had `stuffed` through my letterbox the other day....i didn`t see a single benefit....not one!
They were prattling on about the virtues of part P and all that lot....then went on to claim that by being on `the register`...lol....that customers will be able to find competent electrical contractors....
it also says :
`We know that a Key concern for contractors is the communication of part P to the customer`
and :
`This register has been created to address this issue and is also in line with the government`s desire to see a more joined up industry approach in this area`.
this is obviously a reaction to the above mentioned.....a sort of `gas safe` approach...

Reply to electrical safety register, it's up and running in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net