Search the forum,

Discuss Elex Manchester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

yep. a good laugh today. glenn got barred from the wago stand. too many dips in the freebies. i got the ck armour slicer as well, nick. tony cable wasn't there, so we had to wind up the elecsa guy. had a pint in trafford centre to finish off.

I was their today.(ended up going on my own)
got a few bits and bobs also attended 2 of the NIC talks about the new regs for next July quite interesting.
got 2 free T shirts and a nice bacon roll too ?

nice bacon roll? which elex did you go to? mine was 'orrible. bacon cremated worse than joan of arc, and no bloody butter on it. i could only manage 2, then had to go for a pint, slake the dryness in my throat.

yep. a good laugh today. glenn got barred from the wago stand. too many dips in the freebies. i got the ck armour slicer as well, nick. tony cable wasn't there, so we had to wind up the elecsa guy. had a pint in trafford centre to finish off.

Its quite good to used it to day its now covered in mud and sheep poo lol

you silly arse. it's for armoured cable. not for circumcising sheep.

I am gutted that I couldn't get up, but I had to get a job done before the weekend, my apologies to Glenn and Paul who both rang me to try and get me up there, sorry guys But it sounds like you all had a good time all the same.

I didn't really see any women there archy apart from the ones on the stalls. But the women on the wago stand were guarding them bowls like they contained the crown jewels!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Morning Paul sorry for yesterday mate

any of you guys going to post your creative name badges?

I'll post them up tonight after work although Glenn will get banned again if he posts his up in the general forum :rofl: I almost got asked to leave from the front of house manager for getting them printed off! Did'nt think they were that bad?

That was a great day out, more like a day trip for the fun bus members lol. We had a laugh. I got some tools and books (fire alarms) and Tel introduced me to one of his friends that owns a company that had a stall there. Great contact to have, thanks Tel :wink:

Afterwards when we got home I introduced Glenn to one of my contacts and it looks like Glenn has a contract out of it! One step at a time atm but it is looking good for him :smile: Also meet up with Admin Phil that has just passed a major Uni exam, 4 years of hard work all for this one exam, well done Phil, happy days. What a great day out, Tel, IPF and Phil D are all top blokes but we need to sort out a meet up for all of us next year.

Phil left the bar first last night and has all my stuff in his car, including my house/van keys! I should be at a house (HMO) doing a fire alarm quote at 10am (now 10:20) and Phil is bombing his way to my house to drop them off! Landlord is ok with it thank god but I dont like being late.

PS Glenn, did you notice how none of us paid for any of our drinks last night? :wink:

I'll post them up tonight after work although Glenn will get banned again if he posts his up in the general forum :rofl: I almost got asked to leave from the front of house manager for getting them printed off! Did'nt think they were that bad?

That was a great day out, more like a day trip for the fun bus members lol. We had a laugh. I got some tools and books (fire alarms) and Tel introduced me to one of his friends that owns a company that had a stall there. Great contact to have, thanks Tel :wink:

Afterwards when we got home I introduced Glenn to one of my contacts and it looks like Glenn has a contract out of it! One step at a time atm but it is looking good for him :smile: Also meet up with Admin Phil that has just passed a major Uni exam, 4 years of hard work all for this one exam, well done Phil, happy days. What a great day out, Tel, IPF and Phil D are all top blokes but we need to sort out a meet up for all of us next year.

Phil left the bar first last night and has all my stuff in his car, including my house/van keys! I should be at a house (HMO) doing a fire alarm quote at 10am (now 10:20) and Phil is bombing his way to my house to drop them off! Landlord is ok with it thank god but I dont like being late.

PS Glenn, did you notice how none of us paid for any of our drinks last night? :wink:

can you pm them then please XD im not allowed in the arms yet cause I havent got a ticket yet.

if I register as di could I?

Dillb Beat me to it, I saw one the other day, not naming but had a post count of 49
Come on Mods/admin lets get litlle monkey in the Arms

Ps Shanky if you get in remember 2 Rules!
1- what happens in the Arms stays in the Arms!
2- you do not talk about the Arms

Last edited:
I have just seen an even better one, Pub member with 21 post in 2 years, I'm genuinley not having a dig but that one did suprise me.

Admin have already sorted out a new rule on this matter, it wont be happening again lads.

As for Shanky??? PM the Admin mate and ask. Be sides it wont be much longer before your in the 3000+ club.

Admin have already sorted out a new rule on this matter, it wont be happening again lads.

As for Shanky??? PM the Admin mate and ask. Be sides it wont be much longer before your in the 3000+ club.

That's it Paul Bloody Rub it in why don't you. I've got years yet.

Soory for double post, I don't know how that happened!!

yeah....what were that all about?

So when is the next Elex?
If anyone's going and would be prepared to pick me up a set of rods I'd happily pay a quid + postage (and maybe the price of a pint or 2 as a thank you)

yeah....what were that all about?

The bar/s owner owed me a favor, "Mark and I stayed for a while and took advantage of his generosity"! I also put my Glennsparks head on and told him (again) about all the f-ups he has done on this project! Trust me when I say, it was great feeling giving him it with both barrels in between the eyes!!! Everything that was said last night was told to him by Phil and me 4 weeks ago, we both walked away and now he is paying for it.

just been through headingly in Leeds......

loads of skirt about.....

pert, fit, tite young lasses......:drool5:

Lucky you, I'm jealous! Phi had my keys, turned up late to a quote by over an hour, fault find in Bingley sorted in 15 mins, 3 x smokes to install that took longer than expected then a small job to do in a barbers shop (not the one your thinking of Glenn btw) has now been knocked back to tomorrow after I finish playing golf as the shop opens on Monday....... Wish I could be in Headingly looking at skirt..... (Mrs. M has just seen me type this and gave me a slap pmsl).

Headingly when I was 20 years old.... Those where the days :wink: (just received another slap :rofl: )

The bar/s owner owed me a favor, "Mark and I stayed for a while and took advantage of his generosity"! I also put my Glennsparks head on and told him (again) about all the f-ups he has done on this project! Trust me when I say, it was great feeling giving him it with both barrels in between the eyes!!! Everything that was said last night was told to him by Phil and me 4 weeks ago, we both walked away and now he is paying for it.

Lucky you, I'm jealous! Phi had my keys, turned up late to a quote by over an hour, fault find in Bingley sorted in 15 mins, 3 x smokes to install that took longer than expected then a small job to do in a barbers shop (not the one your thinking of Glenn btw) has now been knocked back to tomorrow after I finish playing golf as the shop opens on Monday....... Wish I could be in Headingly looking at skirt..... (Mrs. M has just seen me type this and gave me a slap pmsl).

Headingly when I was 20 years old.... Those where the days :wink: (just received another slap :rofl: )
1-Does Glenn know a barber
2 learn to type faster

Barbers= Me and Glennsparks both quoted for the same shop refit (without knowing) for an absolute idiot of an owner and we both walked away.

Typing faster= Speed is not the issue mate, Mrs. M is my wife and full time career. Anything on the inter-web that I laugh at she must see what I'm looking at, its in her contract and wedding vows!

@ Glennsparks, e-mail me a pic of your badge..... Cant believe you wore it around the show lol :rofl: Cant wait for all the e-mails and post I'm going to get from the stall holders! The postman will have a bit of a giggle :wink:

Barbers= Me and Glennsparks both quoted for the same shop refit (without knowing) for an absolute idiot of an owner and we both walked away.

Typing faster= Speed is not the issue mate, Mrs. M is my wife and full time career. Anything on the inter-web that I laugh at she must see what I'm looking at, its in her contract and wedding vows!

@ Glennsparks, e-mail me a pic of your badge..... Cant believe you wore it around the show lol :rofl: Cant wait for all the e-mails and post I'm going to get from the stall holders! The postman will have a bit of a giggle :wink:

can you at least post in the arms?

I was there yesterday good day out bacon roll coffee , bought a few essentials and a CK Armour cutter no more hacksaws for me used it today cracking piece of kit few new rods and a gecko or how ever you spell it , didnt see any one then again dont know what any one looks like did have a breif chat to Billy from DIY sos mind well more like a hello lol

Was billy from diy sos there? Gutted I never got to meet him

Did that job which UKSPARKS came across the really bad rewire get mentioned at the Elecsa stand and did anyone find out what the Ginger method was?

I can't seem to find the post has it been taken off.

it certainly did get mentioned. like talking to the moon. elecsa will only "investigate" if the end user complains directly.

Did that job which UKSPARKS came across the really bad rewire get mentioned at the Elecsa stand and did anyone find out what the Ginger method was?

I can't seem to find the post has it been taken off.
yes i did mention it..at length to the emptyhead on the elecsa stand....he didn`t want to know......ipf and PhilD were both there as well......Phil and ipf were both asking him stuff as well......

he didn`t want to know...but i left him with copies of the `install`....and the associated crap that was passed off as a `cert`....

There not interested because it's a cash cow, if they did anything they'd lose an income, who ever signs the cert is the one who gets prosecuted, plus they don't get come backs as they'll say no one made an official compliant to us so there was no need to investigate. It's a farce as long as there getting money they don't want to know anything else!!

What in the name of god does that moron lecture about?
the importance of correct identification,it was organised by Brother label printers.Funny thing was they weren't impressed when they tried to sell me a printer for 65 quid and I told them I got the same thing at cpc for 15 quid.lol

Reply to Elex Manchester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net