Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Emergency Light Rules/Regs? in the Commercial Electrical Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. 8yf13l0

8yf13l0 Active EF Member

Evening all.

Been a while since I made a post on here.

Question:

What is the title regulations/Acop that cover emergency lighting? - Concerning: Selection, erection, lux levels, where one is deemed needed etc.
    And are such regs readily available to view online in pdf, or is a specific book you have to buy?

Need to do some homework on it.

Regards

Jamie

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

BS5266.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian New EF Member

When I needed to look at BS5266 a couple of years ago it was available to look at and print off some pages at my local library.

4. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    BS 5266-1:2016 Emergency lighting. Code of practice for the emergency lighting of premises.
    BS EN 50172:2004, BS 5266-8:2004 Emergency escape lighting systems
    BS EN 1838:2013 Lighting applications. Emergency lighting
    BS EN 60598-1:2015+A1:2018 Luminaires. General requirements and tests
    Only available to buy as British Standards, and fairly rigidly controlled, but there are many, many guides to the provisions of the standards if you just need to do home work.
    Approved Document B - Volume 1: Dwelling houses
    Approved Document B - Volume 2: Buildings other than dwelling houses
    These have some discussion of the situation and are downloadable from the planning portal.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Leyland30

Leyland30 MIET (Views provided for information only)

Business Name:
    Commercial M and E contractor
    5266-1 sums up the vast majority of other BS. You might also consider.BS9999 in relation the fire-fighting shafts for multistory buildings.

Building regulations part B provide the most onerous of the emergency requirements. I’d start there if I was you.

IHS portal offers BS but I think it’s a fee paid service.