Discuss Enecsys UK Limited entered into Administration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

vfr750

-
Reaction score
Hi My friend has a solar setup with enecsys micro inverters,
what happens if one or more micro inverters goes down.
will anyone have spares.
as they seem to have gone into Administration.
Enecsys

Glad i did not go for them.

Has anybody an experience of Enecsys now in administration, as the app doesn't work and seems monitoring has gone.???

Me too. I'd really like to know more about what will become of the company and the warranties - I thought they were a good company with good products, my inverters were sold with a 20 year warranty.

A good company, even with a good idea is no good without cash available.

Unless the Administrators find a buyer for the company as a whole who is also prepared to take on the warranties, there won't be any warranty.

It may be that parts of the company are sold, excluding debts and warranties.

There is some hope here;
Potential buyers queue for Enecsys | Business Weekly | Technology News | Business news | Cambridge and the East of England

Aren't extended warranties insurance based to cover this very problem, ...with the premium paid when the insurance warranty is issued?? Perhaps things are done differently in the UK...

Aren't extended warranties insurance based to cover this very problem, ...with the premium paid when the insurance warranty is issued?? Perhaps things are done differently in the UK...

I think once they go down that's it, what is odd is that Enecsys was a so called 'good company', then they go into administration and not one person who has entered into a guarantee contract with them is contacted. Even sites like this you would think they would be aware of peoples concerns, nope they just go!!

I think once they go down that's it, what is odd is that Enecsys was a so called 'good company', then they go into administration and not one person who has entered into a guarantee contract with them is contacted. Even sites like this you would think they would be aware of peoples concerns, nope they just go!!

Once a Company is in Administration the original owners have no access to customers details.
The Administrators are only concerned with collecting in money owed, paying preferential creditors and finding a buyer if possible.

Anyone with a warranty should have details of who it's held with and should contact them for clarification, if not then it was most likely covered by Enecsys.

I learned this lesson with Solyndra in the very early days of FiT.

Warranties mean diddly squat unless backed by somebody, there are really very few warranties that are worth anything even the ones that are insurance backed. Chubb insurance in particular (read the small print $1m first claim limit) it won't cover much if its a design fault across 10m panels! Other one is that some insurance requires the ongoing payment of premiums so once bust its gone - Powerguard is better as its an initial premium paid once but again has limitations.

Therefore you need to pick companies that will stay in business, the reliable ones, the profitable ones not just the ones that are cheap. Of course thats assuming you want to stay in business and are not just in it for a quick buck - in which case you can ignore me :)

I specifically avoided Enecsys, Enphase and SolarEdge as they are all VC backed (Venture Capitalists) that means if they don't hit the targets of sales / returns for the investor the plug will be pulled (exactly what happened at Solyndra). In the meantime you have a 6 year liability under EU law to your customer as you sold the system to them so all those that are selling cheap panels beware it could end up being on your head if your customer is savvy enough.

Of course it now looks like SolarEdge is a safe bet as they have now floated on the stock market and so are a little safer. I'm clearly not so smart either as I got caught out by Solarmax aswell but at least those units perform well and are reliable!

As regards Enecsys i'd be very surprised if you get anybody that picks up warranties etc so it looks like a swap out sorry.

My system has been behaving faultlessly so far but this is no guarantee of future success. I have raised the matter with my supplier (who is still trading) and await their reply.

I suppose, in theory, it should be possible to retrofit any failing modules with equivalents from other manufacturers in the event of a failure. The mico inverter is taking a DC feed, converting it to AC and phase synchronously outputting to the grid - or am I missing something? I'm not especially bothered about the monitoring - it would be nice from a diagnostic standpoint to be able to monitor each panel but I gather system performance using a different method anyway.

I just wonder how the FIT would be affected if substitute units were put in place of Enecsys ones - strictly speaking the make up has changed from the original contract although, in practise, who would know.

Reply to Enecsys UK Limited entered into Administration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net