Discuss Extending 12/2 and 14/2 using splices in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am investigating the options for extending 12/2 and 14/2 wiring leading to my main electrical panel. The two options I have been able to find are using several junction boxes or using the NSI NMS-2 splice. Is there a method to reduce the number of junction boxes by having some sort of panel with screw terminals?

For reference, here is a direct link to the NSI NMS-2 splice. NSI purchased the rights to produce this splice from TE about 6 months ago according to the TE customer service. These splices are quite pricey though. NMS-2 Link

The splices will be an an open unfinished garage and completely accessible.

Reply to Extending 12/2 and 14/2 using splices in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, First of all, thank you in advance for any helpful insights posted in response to my question. I have just moved into a new home. With...
Replies
Views
Just bought an old house (about 30-40 years old) with a separate shop building. I am in the process of replacing old fluorescent fixtures with...
Replies
Views
DIYer here. I'd like to install an electric car wall charger myself. It calls for 6/2 romex which I have. Unfortunately my panel is in my...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock