Discuss Fan Isolator switch alternative in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MK 10A D.P. K4876WHI may have to be ordered as may not be stocked at wholesalers you will need to get engraved FAN.

Light switch if 1 way MK K4870WHI or 2 way K4871WHI

It's quite simple. Just google
Mk DP switch

Oh, here you are
Click this one instead

Wiring will be the same.
That's great. Thanks for your help. Been looking at the technical info for this type. I don't know which wire is load and which is supply. Any idea how I will. Find out?
Mk DP switch

Oh, here you are
Click this one instead

Wiring will be the same.
That's great. Thanks for your help. Been looking at the technical info for this type. I don't know which wire is load and which is supply though

That's great. Thanks for your help. Been looking at the technical info for this type. I don't know which wire is load and which is supply. Any idea how I will. Find out?

That's great. Thanks for your help. Been looking at the technical info for this type. I don't know which wire is load and which is supply though
If you turn the fan off the live and neutral at the top should be live supply but this will need to be tested.

Hi all, just out of curiosity... If I get a switch with a fuse, the only one I can find is a 13a like this

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mk-13a-dp-switched-fused-connection-unit-with-flex-outlet-white/13479

Would this be OK for what I'm doing or will I need a 20a dp switch without fuse?

Thanks

I have already given you a link with a DP MK switch without a fuse.
Mk DP switch

Oh, here you are
Click this one instead

Wiring will be the same.

Didn't you like my suggestion?
Your existing switch doesn't have a fuse, why do you think you now need one?

Use a fused DP FCU if you like.
You can change the fuse in there for whatever value is appropriate, but it's not necessary for a fan on a lighting circuit.

Can I point out to you that the thickness and look of a switched fused spur or D.P. switch is different to the light plate switch .

I have already given you a link with a DP MK switch without a fuse.

Didn't you like my suggestion?
Your existing switch doesn't have a fuse, why do you think you now need one?

Use a fused DP FCU if you like.
You can change the fuse in there for whatever value is appropriate, but it's not necessary for a fan on a lighting circuit.
I did like your suggestion, and purchased the link you sent. However the wife doesn't like the fact that the switch is towards the top of the plate and the light switch is in the centre of the plate. Don't ask!! So the idea was if we got a fuse switch then it isn't as bad the switch being at the top!

Right, here's your answer - replace both switches with the 20A suggested previously. Perfect match. You're welcome

See my post No.23 I also note that the k.o. back boxes are only 16mm therefore you may struggle with depth using D.P./switched fused spur.

See my post No.23 I also note that the k.o. back boxes are only 16mm therefore you may struggle with depth using D.P./switched fused spur.

Apologies if you've already suggested 2 x 20A units. There's that many bloody posts about a bloody light switch being slightly different I've lost the will to read them all :)

Reply to Fan Isolator switch alternative in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net