Discuss Fire Alarm Panel - pretty old metal clad - can't find any information about it.... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

kkkkk

-
Reaction score
Hi all

I am checking out a faulty fire/intruder alarm panel, it is an Eagle AFB180N, and I enclose a picture of the frontage.

This is quite an elderly metal clad unit, which looks very sturdy.

Apparently a tenant, when the landlord was away, was fed up with the alarm going off, and disconnected it, or did something to it - don't know what, haven't opened it up yet.

Does anyone know anything about one of these?

THANKS!! :21: :21: :21: :) :) :)

fire alarm panel.jpg

Re: Fire Alarm Panel - pretty old metal clad - can't find any information about it...

the last time i saw one of those was in fred flinstones house , if its been tampered with , the only option is to replace and upgrade it

Re: Fire Alarm Panel - pretty old metal clad - can't find any information about it...

check theres a supply to it first...

and if there is then check internal fuse hasn`t been pulled...it should be a glass fast blowing/acting type...

also check battery....

Nothing really to worry abaut, only difference from modern alarms is that a short circuit triggers fire instead of fault on these panels...
If the smoke detectors are as old as the panel, then there is you problem, any detector over 10 years should be replaced.

Nothing really to worry abaut, only difference from modern alarms is that a short circuit triggers fire instead of fault on these panels...
If the smoke detectors are as old as the panel, then there is you problem, any detector over 10 years should be replaced.
agreed....a lot of the time its the heads that are playing up...

and change as you have suggested...

Can imagine on this panel, a single zone for fire with eol resistor....and a n/c circuit for intruder...would be good to see a photo of the inside of this panel out of interest.

Reply to Fire Alarm Panel - pretty old metal clad - can't find any information about it.... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net