Discuss Fire rated Downlight in Celotex - Please help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

I am *totally* new to this forum and I'm just looking for some advice on downlights.

The downlight has to be installed into Celotex insulation. I have been recommended the Aurora Enlite EN-FD102 Aurora Enlite EN-FD102 GU10 Adjustable Compact Fire Downlight | eBay

After speaking to an electrical shop they advised me to go for the Insulation Covered Downlight Aurora Sola https://www.downlights.co.uk/downlights/aurora-insulation-covered-downlights.html

The person who recommended the first option told me that I needed to drill a hole that was 200mm wide to let any heat dissipate but the person in the shop told me that I only needed about an extra 30mm on top of the width of the second option and an extra 30mm at the top.

Please can anyone advise me on what I should be buying to keep the job as simple as possible.

Adrian

Welcome to the forum Adrian, I'm approving your thread for the main forum for quick response to your query, when admin' is next on line you will be given DIY access and the thread relocated, this will not effect any posts.

Re' Darkwood

Hi Adrian. The Aurora lights with insulation caps are designed for loose rockwool type insulation. If you look on their website I am sure you will find instructions for their lights which should include the minimum air gap required around the lights.

Reply to Fire rated Downlight in Celotex - Please help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All Am continuously getting failed EICR'S sent over to quote on remedials for non fire rated downlights. These are lights in question. I see...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I am just wondering whether or not non fire rated downlights should be a coded issue (c3 as many electricians have told me) or...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm just after a bit of advice - I'm a DIYer and have some Aurora integrated downlights that have given up the ghost. The ones that are...
Replies
Views
As in the title. I need downlights that can be covered in insulation, fire rated and integrated. Preferably quite shallow as well! I'm...
Replies
Views
Evening, Feeling really confused about fire rated downlighters. We need 26 for our extension which is part flat ceiling and part vaulted ceiling...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock