Discuss FIT rate for multiple installs/system expansion in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PvNewbie

Hi

I just need to get this clear in my head.....

1) Customer has 4kW system installed.....getting 43.3p (or whatever rate is now). Feed goes to domestic MPAN.
2) Customer wants another 10kW system installed on same 'site'.....by OfGem's definition. Different MPAN. EPC not required as second system is not to a building that requires 'conditioning'.

Q1) What FIT rate will he get? His initial system will presumably stay at 43.3p. Will he get FIT for second system at 4-10kW (16.8p), or > 10kW (i.e. 14kW)?

Thanks for advice. I don't want to mis-quote customer.

/Newb

p.s. Just to keep this on-subject, no need to discuss G83/G59 etc. That part is all clear.

If the systems are literally 4kW and 10kW then any extension to the existing system would be at the 14kW rate if this is one site.

But it sounds that you may have at least the possibility of two sites when the second system would then be at the 10kW rate. It's difficult to say just based on MPAN.

If there is no electrical connection from the 10kW site to any building on the site that is 'conditioned' then you don't need an EPC but you would need a letter from a DEA (or NDEA) to say that one is not possible.

Thanks Ted. Yes, the second system is within the same address but a different MPAN that is fed straight into a barn that is not conditioned. So I'm clear on DEA/NDEA letter.

Who would I go to to get confirmation on a metter like this.

/Newb

Contact the microgeneration team at the electricity supplier that will be used to register the FiT contract. They may be willing to give a written opinion.

Ted, Would the second system not be commercial, as it will be registered to the same person, but technically at a different address/MPAN?

Are you not only allowed one tax free system per person?

Depends on the circumstances and what the buildings are being used for. The absolute limit for tax purposes would be 50kW.

Reply to FIT rate for multiple installs/system expansion in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net