Discuss FITTING A SPOT LIGHT IN ROMFORD ESSEX in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

yes they do if you use local electricians. i am not allowed to post adverts but trust me for 15 down lights paid 150+VAT

the wholesalers dont make this money selling led spots and covering even 5 year warranty. anyway i just wanted to say what i found. i agree there cowboys as well
Sometimes people get what they pay for?

Hi All,

I still think i haven't been clear enough - so, the builder advised that per led light fitting he will charge £45 for one led light - the led light he has used costs£9.99 each -
14 led lights in total to be fitted - £9.99 led light included in the £45 -

so £45 x 14 ledlights £630
he has then charged another £168 for materials -
making £798 for 14 led lights to be fitted -

i was thinking the £45 per fitting covers all the materials that will be used for the one led fitting -

and just wondering why another £168 -

Thank you all for your help

So £45 for labour and just over £10 for each light fitting

so £55 per light - if its a decent fitting and LED lamp then around the right price.

AND if the builder is paying the spark, then he will have a mark up.

You need to make sure you get certificates from the builder/spark as your BCO will need them before you get a completion certificate.

Thank you so much for the reply - much appreciated

I still think i haven't been clear enough - so, the builder advised that per led light fitting he will charge £45 for one led light - the led light he has used costs£9.99 each -

i was thinking the £45 per fitting covers all the materials that will be used for the one led fitting -

Sounds cheap to me... you got the builders number?? :p

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated

If everyone saysthats hows its priced id pay but i just want to make sure im not being cheated

Thank you so much for the reply - much appreciated

You need to ask you builder, in writing, why the cost is higher than he quoted.

I still think its cheap, especially the light - how do you know the buy price?

Reply to FITTING A SPOT LIGHT IN ROMFORD ESSEX in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net