• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Fluke 6500 reset access code in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rappid

-
Reaction score
I got a Fluke 6500 PAT tester off ebay but the access code is no longer set at default (9999).
I suspect the previous owner changed the code, I've contacted him but he claims to have no knowledge of the access code.
Without going to Fluke and paying loads of money, is there any other way of resetting the acces code i.e. maybe resetting a link on the board.

Thanks.

You should be able to change the current access code by following this simple procedure:
1) Press 'Set Up'
2) Use the 'Up/Down' arrows to highlight the access code currently set.
3) Press 'Go' to open the next menu and follow the on-screen directions.

To change the access code or some settings on the PAT tester, it keeps prompting for a access code, without the correct code I can't go further.
The manual says I need to contact Fluke, don't really want to do that unless I have to.

Fluke won't help you, they will either tell you to buy a new one, tell you it might be stolen, or most likely tell you to send it to them where they will charge you something like £600+VAT (+£50 courier)to spend 4 minutes resetting it, or just about equally likely they will not respond at all....

there is a reset pad on the PCB inside the unit, but this will wipe off the firmware as well, which you will need a copy of on a memory card to re-install.....

these units have an anti theft pin which can be set up for each power-on and is the same as the setting code, the person who sold it to you most likely got it secondhand where it was already changed, or it may be off the back o- a- lorry

Just a update, I contacted Fluke about getting the access code reset.
I got a response from them after a couple of days. They have built in a emergency code just in case someone forgets the default access code, the code is 1785.
I have tried it on my Fluke and it works, I have now reset my Fluke 6500 back to the original default of 9999.
Excellent service from Fluke.

Reply to Fluke 6500 reset access code in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back